Excalibur Building

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bones

Excalibur Building

Post by Bones »

Drove by excal yesterday and noticed they pulled their sign / logo off the front of the building, thought that's odd? Then remembered a new partner had bought into excal and wondered if that had anything to do with it? Colt Canada is across town and there is no signage around that place ( high security ) Maybe they are trying to stay low key as well? New sign , new logo? hope not I would have to get a new hat and decal for my truck. Just an observation ,not to be an alarmist
Bones
Bill T

Re: Excalibur Building

Post by Bill T »

Calm down!
We are not a retail store so the sign isn't needed, and the city of Kitchener came to us and told us we had to fork over a small fortune for a permit to keep the sign up. We decided that feeding the city was stupid under the circumstances, hence no sign, just the street numbers.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thank's Bill, I was just wondering. Just seemed odd that's all, signs been there for years. I'm in the property management buisness and see this happen all the time with the city just never put 2 and 2 together. Strange laws at times.

Bones
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Leave it to a city government to try to take advantage of people. :evil:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mr T:

That sign would look mighty cool hanging in my garage! Hint hint. :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Oh yeah, great laws eh. The Town of Yarmouth, Nova Scotia had once upon a time made business take down signs that were hanging on the side of there business. They said that the businesses were invading the towns air space. So I guess that the town had determined that they were stealing their air space :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: . That was a joke and it wasn't long before some businesses resisted and told the town where to shove that law. That was funny watching that, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Raymond
drmoss_ca

Post by drmoss_ca »

Good for you, Bill! I'm in a business that isn't allowed to advertise by our professional ethical code, so now we're on an equal footing!

Chris
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

You done good Bill T..politicians, no matter where you live they are all the same... :evil: GREEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! Way to support you're local economy there Kitchener. What a bunch of dumb a$$es.

Bummer Excal had to take the sign down but good on ya for not buckling to the city.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

just when you think you have heard it all?really they charge you to put a sign on your business? :lol: bet that place looks boring just a bunch of bare stores.but then agine it could be some fun going from store to store wondering whats going to be in the next one. :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry had to.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I think it would make a great sign hanging up behind the bar! What do ya say Bill? I'd sure stop by the Excalibur Bar and Grill for a pint or two. Cheers. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

j.krug wrote:I think it would make a great sign hanging up behind the bar! What do ya say Bill? I'd sure stop by the Excalibur Bar and Grill for a pint or two. Cheers. :)
But then he wouldn't be any better off, since he would be a retail location (for drinks) and need to put up a sign advertising it as such. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

All of yall are wrong about that sign ...it would look better in my man cave :wink:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Big58cal wrote:
j.krug wrote:I think it would make a great sign hanging up behind the bar! What do ya say Bill? I'd sure stop by the Excalibur Bar and Grill for a pint or two. Cheers. :)
But then he wouldn't be any better off, since he would be a retail location (for drinks) and need to put up a sign advertising it as such. :lol:

A vicious circle!! :lol: :lol:

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mmmm.... Excalibeer, Excalibud, 'burs light. And my favorite shot: exocete's on the beach :mrgreen:
Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-