Long Shot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kelley

Re: Long Shot

Post by Kelley »

Big58cal wrote:Congrats on the deer! :D

Just remember, the only person that anyone has to answer to when they take a shot is themselves. It shouldn't matter to anyone else what kind of shot someone decides to take, and no one has any right to judge you for something that you did that is completely your decision to make. :wink:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats on a great shot.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Cyclonic

Re: Long Shot

Post by Cyclonic »

Kelley wrote:
Big58cal wrote:Congrats on the deer! :D

Just remember, the only person that anyone has to answer to when they take a shot is themselves. It shouldn't matter to anyone else what kind of shot someone decides to take, and no one has any right to judge you for something that you did that is completely your decision to make. :wink:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats on a great shot.
Kelley
The only thing I would say differently is "The only ones who have to answer when you take a shot is you and your quarry."
Whether it be 5 yds or 55 yds, that fact remains the same.
I have shot animals up close, that had to be "dealt with" in an un-pleasant manner, and, I have shot animals at further distances who expired immediately. Not all kills are text-book. At what-ever distance, with what-ever weapon. This is a fact of hunting that I am prepared to deal with.

Much thanks to ever-one for the good thoughts on this, I too, am ever thankful, as always, for a quick and merciful kill. I say a prayer for the wild-things, and the empty space I leave in the Forest at every kill I make. I believe you do too.
Home-Brewers Drink Better Beer!
Exomax
Vapor Trail Strings
Gold Tip Laser III's
Crimson Talon
Ogden's Outdoors