should i wait until January 2012

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JSUN

should i wait until January 2012

Post by JSUN »

Hi there,
i don't have a xbow yet, but i've been doing a lot of reading on crossbow. I used to shoot a recurve, then moved to compound, but i think that i would rather shoot a crossbow... i think that it's much more enjoyable.

anyway, I'm looking to get an excalibur vortex, but i'm thinking that i should wait until january to see if excalibur is going to come out with any new and improve model before i put out the money.

what do you guys think? and thanks for any input.
bucknbill

Re: should i wait until January 2012

Post by bucknbill »

if it was me i,d buy now if you know what you want..with the new year prices may go up
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

If money isn't an issue I would wait till January to see if anything new and exciting comes out. Plus if nothing new comes out that grabs your wallet, I would think the prices on the old models may go down,but no guarantee that will happen.You have plenty of time before next season.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wabi

Post by wabi »

If you're happy with all the features on a current model (you mentioned Vortex) why not buy now?
But if you'd like to see a different feature offered it might just be best to wait.

A lot depends on your personality, too. (If you can be happy with what you have, or if you're one of those folks that just have to have the latest/greatest models.)

eg. - I'm hunting with an early model Phoenix I modified by removing the DBs essentially making it an Axiom, and I still am happy running Windows XP version 2002 on my computer. :lol:
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Having purchased compound versions of 'new and exciting' TWICE is why I'm owning two Excalibers now, including the Vortex. New and exciting were more trouble than they were worth; both self-disassembled prematurely. I'm sticking to tried and true hereafter.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would wait until after the trade show, thar be no hurry as season is almost over. No need to rush yer buying. Thats my nickel!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

The ATA will show case the new stuff to be sold in the spring or later. So the question begs, how many of us will be dumping what we love and come to rely on? Not many that's for sure! Is the new stuff going to be that much better or better at all? Might be but we know what works now.
Do you need more than one bow? Yes, for sure! But if you are only going to get one bow buy what you know will work for you.
I'm with bucknbill, the new stuff will likely be more money. Buy what you know you like now, consider a newer bow after everyone reports back a year later.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

Cossack, which compound models did you own that you got rid of?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
JSUN

Post by JSUN »

thanks for everyone's opinion on the matter, but my dog just got diagnosed with hip dysplasia today :cry:, so i won't be able to put out any money for a crossbow anytime soon. All of my money will go toward her surgery soon.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

If I were you....or if it was me holding your wallet, I'd scoot out and grab me up a Vortex real quick like!! But I'm kind of impatient when it comes to my toys. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads