Ordered New Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Oldsarge

Ordered New Equinox

Post by Oldsarge »

Hi Everyone, I am new guy here that just ordered a new Equinox. :D I've done a lot of research and you folks here were a great help. I ended up ordering from "Addicted to Archery" folks. They are great to work with. Just a small site ran by Kevin and Martha Gould in Indiana. Got the Right Stuff package with Shodow Zone for 958.00 delivered. They even threw in a Dacron Flemish string and Excalibur hat. Again, I want to thank everyone here for all the info a guy would need to make a decision. Hope to be able to post some pics next season. Looking forward to teaching some grandsons with new xbow. Thanks again.
Always remember "Incoming fire has the right of way"
Equinox
sumner4991

Re: Ordered New Equinox

Post by sumner4991 »

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new bow. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats n welcome to the Forum, even if'en some of us are abit unusual, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

vixenmaster wrote:Congrats n welcome to the Forum, even if'en some of us are abit unusual, :lol:
Yeah, what he said. Image

Congrats on the new bow! :D The Equinox is definitely a beast! That's what I shoot as well. :wink: Also, glad that you got the bow from a small archery shop. I would rather buy from a small place like that than a big chain store any day of the week. The little mom & pop places are what built these countries up to what they are today (or at least, were... :x ).

As you have already found out, there's a wealth of information and knowledge on this place, not to mention some of the best folks you'll meet anywhere. I don't go to many discussion sites because of all of the bickering, but this is one place that I don't really have to worry about it, which is why I like the place. :D

Again, congrats on the new bow and welcome to the forum! We'll be expecting to see some pictures of you teaching the grandsons how to shoot the beast. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Oldsarge

Post by Oldsarge »

Thanks Big58cal. Additcted to Archery is a web site only but I spoke with them to get the package I wanted. Good prices. Where are you from in KY? I'm in Richmond and wife is from Floyd Co. Hoping to get Elk tag for the xbow,
Equinox
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Welcome Oldsarge. Good to see another Kentuckian here. I was born and raised in Inez, Martin county. Lots of big Elk in E. Ky. Hope You get a tag.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome and congrats on your nox...aka "the beast" :!: :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

enjoy your new bow and welcome..you could get a good price for that hat here too :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
roly

Post by roly »

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the new bow, your gonna love it :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the club
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Oldsarge wrote:Where are you from in KY? I'm in Richmond and wife is from Floyd Co. Hoping to get Elk tag for the xbow,
My address is Taylorsville, but I live outside of there. :wink: I was raised and still hunt on our farm down in Marion County, just outside of Bradfordsville.

Don't get me started on the elk. :evil: I used to support it until the KDFWR decided not to reward the people who had been supporting the program from the start and too many things with the draw just weren't adding up. Pretty hard to explain how certain people get repeatedly drawn for bull tags year after year. :roll: I think enough people finally raised a stink about it that they cleaned a lot of it up, but I still refuse to contribute to it because of their past practices on it.

Enough about the elk though. :wink: I went to college in Richmond. Spent quite a bit of time out at BGAD and Central. There's some big deer around Madison Co. Hope you're lucky enough to tag one of the beasts with Excal. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

welcome OLDsarge! congrats on the new bow! i live in pike county ky.we got elk all over!good luck on a tag.i have never tried a friend has gotten drawn twice cow and a bull and gotten one both times.but from what i have seen it would not be that hard to do.they just stand around like cows. :lol: but from what i hear from the ones that hunt them is that it is not that easy? i guess its all where you hunt.congrats on your bow you will love it. :D
Oldsarge

Post by Oldsarge »

I heard about the elk tag problem. Hope its cleaned up. They have a different system this year. At least more folks are watching now. The odds of getting a bow tag are better. I get over your way for work sometimes, nice area. Grandsons go to Central. Have to stay in touch. Merry Christmas...
Equinox
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

welcome to the forum oldsarge. :wink: Your going to love the equinox a.k.a. the beast :)

papa bear 1
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Welcome to our home; it's good to see all of the new members this year; glad to have you here; if any questions, alot of great people that are more than willing to help; enjoy your new excalibur.