2012 Vaportrail Crossbow ProStaff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ears

2012 Vaportrail Crossbow ProStaff

Post by Ears »

I'm looking for just a couple crossbow shooters for our 2012 Pro-Staff. If you're interested, send me an email at [email protected]. If you don't participate in multiple forums daily, please do not apply.

With the email, please include:
Name
Address
Phone Number
Email
Forums used, along with forum names
Archery setups used

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!!!
awshucks

Re: 2012 Vaportrail Crossbow ProStaff

Post by awshucks »

Which models of Excal will you be testing?
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Is this some sort of contest? :?

This is a string company no?
Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I went to his website, but did not see any crossbow products.
Looks to me like accessories for verticle bows.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

For those that may have missed this in the past or new here.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1238103 ... ro-staffer
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Vapor Trail makes crossbow stings. Pretty good ones I might add.
Vortex
S5
Lumizone
xx75's 2215
Razor Tricks
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I don't want any 'Pretty good ones" on my Exocet. I have several "DAMN GOOD STRINGS" from a couple "DAMN GOOD STRING MAKERS" on this forum.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Is it me or does it feel wrong to submit a "resume" to a company to become promotional staff? Shouldn't an individual be approached by a company based on their achievements? Don't get me wrong, there are prostaffers that I know who have my respect but this just comes across as a different kind of spam....I'm likely wrong. Someone will put me in my place soon.

I don't think it would appeal to me, and good thing too 'cause I only shoot lil deer :mrgreen: Pro staff to me means the the hunter is a pro in every sense of the word by the animals they have taken and their professional attitude. not just a mouth for a company
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

one shot scott wrote:Is it me or does it feel wrong to submit a "resume" to a company to become promotional staff? Shouldn't an individual be approached by a company based on their achievements? Don't get me wrong, there are prostaffers that I know who have my respect but this just comes across as a different kind of spam....I'm likely wrong. Someone will put me in my place soon.

I don't think it would appeal to me, and good thing too 'cause I only shoot lil deer :mrgreen: Pro staff to me means the the hunter is a pro in every sense of the word by the animals they have taken and their professional attitude. not just a mouth for a company
A company rep would post his name and not go by Ears.
Jarrod Fondie-President, is a well accomplished archer.
Their website has an old photo ishi and then a real cheesy write up under it.

I don't send that much personal information over the internet to an unknown entity.
If I'm wrong, I'm an adult and can deal with it appropriately.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

The pro in pro staff is not professional it is promotional.
you will be asked to use a product and then promote it.

odd way to get prostaff but hey if he can get a couple of guys to use his stuff and say some good things about it why not.
Tenpoint Matrix
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

I agree with Dereck, nothing wrong with what he is doing. Most times you have to apply to be prostaff. Kinda like a job interview. Building strings and wants to advertise with prostaff on different crossbow sites.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Did some research this morning.
From what I can see now this looks ok.
Seemed a bit unorthadox to me but hey, who am I.

Anyway, found his facebook page.
Jerrod Meyer

http://www.facebook.com/ears1

Explains who we are dealing with and puts a face to the post.
Also has ads on other crossbow sites!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1648714

http://www.crossbownation.com/forum2/to ... pro-staff/

Not for me, but you guys have go.
I'll soon be making my own strings anyway.
With Boo's helpful website, I tackled re-serving my crossbow strings and like it.
I think I'll enjoy making some strings and playing with my setup this winter.
Ears

Post by Ears »

Hey guys...sorry to stir up controversy. I go by "Ears". I'm the General Manager here at Vaportrail. My real name is Jerrod, but as we have 3 "Jerrods" here, I go by Ears so there is no confusion. I'm not posting "spam", and am not trying to "seek out" particular people for our prostaff. We are interested in people that are interested in our products. Our "vertical bow" Prostaff is decent sized, with great things coming from it. We use our pro-staff to promote our products on internet forums, in their community, in the woods, at shoots, shows and wherever else they may be interested. In return we offer attractive compensation for their efforts. We track each and every staffer to see what efforts they go to and what results they bring in.

I apologize if you took my post the wrong way. We just haven't had a lot of crossbow shooters on our prostaff, so I thought I would see if anyone is interested. If you're not interested, that's fine. I'm just seeing what having a "crossbow prostaff" will do to help both us and our shooters out. If you have any questions about our products, please don't hesitate to give me call so you can put a voice to the name. My number at work is 763-862-8870.

Yes, I've posted this on a variety of forums because I would like to have shooters from a variety of venues. Having shooters from only one company or one forum really doesn't seem attractive for growing business and helping the industry become aware of what we have to offer.

A few facts about our crossbow products....

We guarantee all of our shipping in 3 days MAXIMUM (it's usually next day).
We offer over a dozen different single colors to choose from, creating hundreds of color combination options.
ALL of our products are hand-run and hand-tied on our custom jigs that we designed in-house.
We stand behind our products, and offer some of the best customer service in the industry. Myself, the President, and Vice President are in the office nearly every single day.
Ears

Post by Ears »

one shot scott wrote: I don't think it would appeal to me, and good thing too 'cause I only shoot lil deer :mrgreen: Pro staff to me means the the hunter is a pro in every sense of the word by the animals they have taken and their professional attitude. not just a mouth for a company
I apologize I forgot to address this. I by no means feel this is the case with our prostaff. Our prostaff is a very great group of people from all walks of life. Some are pro shooters, some are only competitive shooters, some are only hunters. We do not select our staff only by the size of animals they've shot, the number of tournaments they've won, or whatever other accomplishments they have. Yes, they do factor in at some points, but we look more of the character of the person and what efforts they would go to to promote us, and how we can in turn help them. Many of our shooters don't really hunt much, but instead offer LOTS of their time helping with programs such as the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP), JOAD, local schools, local archery clubs, Women in the Outdoors, etc etc. Some of our shooters are still working hard to harvest their first deer, turkey, antelope, etc with archery equipment, but are still great shooters and have taken a handful of other game.
Overall, we look at our prostaff as more of a beneficial friendship, getting to know people that use our products, helping them in whatever they may need, gaining product recognition with their efforts, and building a partnership that both parties, as well as the rest of the industry, can benefit from.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone with what I have posted, but I by no means think that it reflects that attitude at all. Thanks everyone for your input though!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good defense Jarrod! I like the introduction you gave much better than your original post.

I can respect vapor trail a bit more with an introduction like that, what would be really cool is if said you contacted Excalibur before advertising your company on the site they pay for through their string, bow, etc sales.