Prayer request

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Prayer request

Post by wabi »

I could turn this into a very long post, but I'll attempt to keep it short.

On this very special morning I received an email that I find troubling.
My friend Darrel (DaGriz) forwarded me a PM sent by a member of this forum to him. It was blunt and hateful!
I read it and gave it much thought, and the teachings of the God of my understanding tells me I should pray for the person that sent the message.

That person seems to be so obsessed with hatred that it is destroying their life and eating them up from the inside, and they probably do not even realize it! They probably feel they have won a victory by inflicting the pain of harmful words on another, but they never consider the harm to themselves.
A grudge is best described as - allowing another person to live "rent free" in your mind and heart and slowly destroy you from the inside.

I will pray for the person who sent the message, and I hope Darrel and the rest of the members of the forum will join in with me. There IS power in prayer - I know from experience!

"I pray that God will remove the hatred this person feels in their mind and heart, and allow them to experience the freedom and serenity brought by feeling love for our fellow man."

Thank you for any support for this unnamed individual. I sincerely hope they can find the peace and serenity that comes by simply replacing hatred with love.

May everyone have a safe and happy holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
vixenmaster

Re: Prayer request

Post by vixenmaster »

X2, i didn't receive an email from Darrel about this & just read Mike's Thread/Post. PPl. life is too short on this earth to hold a grudge against a member here. I don't knowed what the person said, i do knowed that some ppl. become obsessed over what they think is a real problem or threat to theirself. This is very sad & its Christmas day!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Consider it done wabi.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
strum

Post by strum »

Wabi, thank you for sharing this...My understanding is: Hurting people hurt people, so I pray that the lord will touch and heal the hurt inside this person.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

strum wrote:Wabi, thank you for sharing this...My understanding is: Hurting people hurt people, so I pray that the lord will touch and heal the hurt inside this person.
well said Srtum ...prayer sent
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

How sad any time and especially on Christmas. I'll pray for love and compassion for all,and may both parties have a blessed holiday.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

hey no problem mike, my prayers go out to this person in hopes he will read this and heal himself from this hatred soul that is consuming him........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

My prayers go out for this person and also for DaGriz who had to receive such a message on this wonderful day.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

wabi wrote:I could turn this into a very long post, but I'll attempt to keep it short.

On this very special morning I received an email that I find troubling.
My friend Darrel (DaGriz) forwarded me a PM sent by a member of this forum to him. It was blunt and hateful!
I read it and gave it much thought, and the teachings of the God of my understanding tells me I should pray for the person that sent the message.

That person seems to be so obsessed with hatred that it is destroying their life and eating them up from the inside, and they probably do not even realize it! They probably feel they have won a victory by inflicting the pain of harmful words on another, but they never consider the harm to themselves.
A grudge is best described as - allowing another person to live "rent free" in your mind and heart and slowly destroy you from the inside.

I will pray for the person who sent the message, and I hope Darrel and the rest of the members of the forum will join in with me. There IS power in prayer - I know from experience!

"I pray that God will remove the hatred this person feels in their mind and heart, and allow them to experience the freedom and serenity brought by feeling love for our fellow man."

Thank you for any support for this unnamed individual. I sincerely hope they can find the peace and serenity that comes by simply replacing hatred with love.

May everyone have a safe and happy holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I saw what this person wrote it filled me with hate for what he said and your so right Wabi. I never should have felt that way at all but it was towards a friend and it hurt that much more. I will try to forgive and prayer for this person for his mind is full of jealousy and hate and it crept into mine and on Chrstmas no less. May God forgive both of us.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Some people just aint happy till they make someone elses life Hell.Must be a very unhappy person.I will pray for them to find peace inside their soul and in their heart and whatever it is that makes them unhappy.I will pray for Griz to try to overlook the hate this person has in his words to him and look at the love his true friends and family has for him ...draw strength from love to fight hate.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm very sorry to read that this happened and I am saddened by it! :(

My thoughts of kindness and healing go out to all involved and affected by this. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rayman

Post by rayman »

Don't know what was said so can't comment on it. Can say that several years ago I was hurt deeply by a person i had considered to be a very close friend for a number of years and became consumed with thinking of a way to get serious even. During this time, someone told me that revenge is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. That statement helped me let go of a very deep hatred.
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Prayers sent!!!!!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

rayman wrote: During this time, someone told me that revenge is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies.
WOW!! That is so powerful rayman and oh so true!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

It really warms my heart to see such heart felt responses to this hatred. I wish it would just end and everyone could enjoy each others company and learn more about hunting and each other. Wabi, you taught me how to turn the other cheek. Its very hard for me to see a friend beat up like that verbally. Its just very hard.