Installing S5 System

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

Re: Installing S5 System

Post by blackjack »

MATE YOU DONT NEED IT AH, THEY HOLD FINE, THEY'LL TIGHTEN IF ANYTHING AFTER SHOOTING THATS WHAT L'VE FOUND.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Never heard of vibration tightening up bolts.

When my exomag was fairly new, I did a full disassembly.
Putting ferous metal bolts into aluminum rail or riser will eventually lead to bi-metal corrossion.

I used the blue thread lock on the smaller hardware and antiseize on limb bolts and larger hardware.

I hunt in a lot of wet and cold conditions so I'm not taking a chance. So far all is good 4 years later.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
munch

Post by munch »

i would not worry about lock tight i think you will find when you screw a steel bolt into aluminum it will get a reaction and i would worry more about it seizing the bolt into the alum before i would worry about it coming loose .my sons bow has the s5 with a munchmount on top no locktight and have had no problem with it also have the same with an older sts system on the daughters vixen
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

If you notice them loosening a spot of blue Loctite should do the trick but I've been shooting mine for months without them coming loose so you should be okay too. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads