CRACKS IN EXCALIBUR LIMBS..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

CRACKS IN EXCALIBUR LIMBS..

Post by blackjack »

OK. THEY ALL HAVE THEM! IF YOURS DONT THEN WORRIE. OR THE PREP WORK AFTER THE PROCESS WAS DONE RIGHT BY QUALITY CONTROL. IN THE HEATING PROCESS THE AIR HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE THEREFORE SMALL CRACKS APPEAR, ITS QUITE NORMAL OK. WORRIE IF THEY DONT? WHY BECAUSE IF THEY DONT THEN THEY HAVE NOT REACHED THE RIGHT TEMPETURE IN THE PROCESS. HOW DO I NO THIS? BECAUSE I DO :D & IF I'M WRONG PLEASE EXPLAIN..
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
vixenmaster

Re: CRACKS IN EXCALIBUR LIMBS..

Post by vixenmaster »

X2, called air voids as they cure
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I'll have to check, i never realy gave it much thought. :roll: BUT if i do,, i'll probably worrie anyway. :shock:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

got them on my bow have never worried about them.
Tenpoint Matrix
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

well... the problem is that i have some Excalibur limbs near perfect and others with the long inverted splinter looking voids. i dont worry about it but it does make me wonder why some are near perfect and smooth while the others arent. i think its more of a fit and finish issue.i have other brands of recurves and compound xbows that dont have the cure voids. i would think they could be gel coated over and smoothed out before the camo finish is applied. so i guess is it just a cost saving measure or quality control issue? we all know its not a safety issue but a fully loaded excalibur with all the cool accesories is pushing over 800$. wanting to have a nice finish on it should be part of the deal. :D
Cyclonic

Post by Cyclonic »

My Exomax shows none of this. I just looked very carefully to be sure. I have seen this before, on bow limbs.
Home-Brewers Drink Better Beer!
Exomax
Vapor Trail Strings
Gold Tip Laser III's
Crimson Talon
Ogden's Outdoors
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

Like these ?
strum

Post by strum »

foofoo wrote:well... the problem is that i have some Excalibur limbs near perfect and others with the long inverted splinter looking voids. i dont worry about it but it does make me wonder why some are near perfect and smooth while the others arent. i think its more of a fit and finish issue.i have other brands of recurves and compound xbows that dont have the cure voids. i would think they could be gel coated over and smoothed out before the camo finish is applied. so i guess is it just a cost saving measure or quality control issue? we all know its not a safety issue but a fully loaded excalibur with all the cool accesories is pushing over 800$. wanting to have a nice finish on it should be part of the deal. :D
One thing to take into account is sure they could do a gel coat or some other way to fill those viods ..and then spend time sanding sealing finishing..then the cost would go up .
I think they make em in a way (KISS) so that the cost(not the quality) stays down..think of it...how many limbs do they warranty each year ..most of the time when they dont have too.they do it just to please the customer.
with that kind of service im sure not going to complain about some normal limb voids..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16