Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow case(Pics Added)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow case(Pics Added)

Post by Raymond »

Bullzeye wrote:I just picked one of these up for my new x-bow, only $79.99 at Sail. I still have it at work in the box, so I cannot check for myself, but do you have to unbolt the quiver every-time you put it in the case??
Yes you will needed to remove your quiver with either the factory quiver mount or if you have a top mount quiver bracket such as the Munch Mount. There is room to strap the quiver in the case. The case only comes with 2 accessory straps and it should have at least 4. It is possible to make your own. I will be doing that later on. There is loads of room to store your hunting gear though.
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ok great, thanks. I just noticed the quiver comes off rather easily with a thumb nut. I was worried I had to take the bracket itself off also. Brought the case home tonight, so hopefully by later tonight I will have it all put together.

Do you guys store your x-bow in the case ?? I know foam firearm cases can absorb moisture and cause rusting, but I guess there is not to much to rust on my x-bow except maybe for the trigger assembly.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I do not store mine in the case. I have a handmade holder made out of red oak. I put some fluid film on any bolt heads or screw heads and threads before I put them together. Before I had to take a medical leave from work, I was the person who assembled all of the crossbows that the store was selling. By using the Fluid Film it would work well so the bolts and nuts and screws and any metal parts would not rust. I would not use that on the camo mainframes. I wasn't sure if it would have any effect on the camo on the mainframe.
Raymond
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I just got my case tonight and it is a beauty. I have a munch mount and it fit perfectly with the quiver off. Lots of room for both my exomag and vortex (one at a time of course). There is so much room i might even be able to put both of them in if I took off the scopes. May have to try that tomorrow in the interest of science of course.

Now my biggest issue is where to put it when not in use as it is too tall to fit under the bed with my other rifle cases.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I wish they would have included one more piece of foam, I would of liked to have some support in the middle.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Bullzeye wrote:I wish they would have included one more piece of foam, I would of liked to have some support in the middle.
Just get some scrap foam from an upholstery shop.
You won't need much and should be able to get a piece for free.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Bullzeye wrote:I wish they would have included one more piece of foam, I would of liked to have some support in the middle.
I would say that when you sink in the limbs in the top foam (seperating it where the pre-cut slits are made) and using the two tie-down velco straps at the stock, it should plenty enough. My excal is very snug in the case - ain't gonna move around in there.

Also, as its made of a solid piece of aluminum, there's really no flex that would need to be supported imo.

Cheers
B
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ont_Excal wrote:
Just get some scrap foam from an upholstery shop.
You won't need much and should be able to get a piece for free.
My timing was good today, we received a piece of equipment at work that had been packed with the perfect foam I need. :D
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
hard2draw

Post by hard2draw »

Just a bump on a old thread but if anyone is looking for a manta amazon.ca has them at a good price ATM.
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

Nice case indeed! Case like that can buy you a lot of peace of mind. And for less than I paid for my Matrix Tombstone case :oops: .
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU