Bugs Build along

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Bugs Build along

Post by Raymond »

GaryM wrote:You're coming right along Mike. That lower piece you trimmed off the blank looks big enough for a shotgun forend. Don't throw it away! It's fancy enough to make some small item from it. I just finished stocking a M-12 Winchester and am finishing stocking a M-92 Win. now. I start carving the stocks in a few weeks. Gary
Hey Gary,
Why not make a build along on this forum. It would be interesting to see you doing your magic.
Raymond
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Awesome work at its best, great job its starting to come to life
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Raymond wrote:
GaryM wrote:You're coming right along Mike. That lower piece you trimmed off the blank looks big enough for a shotgun forend. Don't throw it away! It's fancy enough to make some small item from it. I just finished stocking a M-12 Winchester and am finishing stocking a M-92 Win. now. I start carving the stocks in a few weeks. Gary
Hey Gary,
Why not make a build along on this forum. It would be interesting to see you doing your magic.
Raymond

X2!!!!!!
agingcrossbower

This is Gary M. idea and its a good one. To strengthen the cocking groove I am running two brass pins right here;

I am putting them at an angle to gain more meat for more holding power;

And there they are gorrilla glue in and nowhere to go.

That is so sweet I wish I'd of thought of it. Thanks Gary. :D
agingcrossbower

Playing hookie. Season closes on Sunday and we have snow here finally so I need to find a dumb doe for meat. Wish me luck! :D
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

good luck today and the build looks great so far

matt
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Every little bit counts, Looking good.
Raymond
agingcrossbower

bugs wrote:Thats the joy of a build along, even the builder gets to learn a new trick :D

& by the way Mike, I have work chisels and special carving chisels that dont get abused. I even have my own red tool chest on wheels now :D

& Thank you for all of the hard work you are putting into my stock just make sure Rocco and Jen are not being neglected in the attention department. I dont want them mad at me
No.1 That little trick of Gary's just makes my day. Wish I would of thought of that. ITs smart looking and provides extra strength right where you need it. Sweet.
No.2 Just teasing Tara.
No.3 Funny you mention that. Came home from hunting and Rocco stuck to me like glue and the wife had a great dinner waiting. I am blessed!
Now that I got that out of my system I can concentrate on your stock. Good Day tomorrow. :wink:
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

agingcrossbower wrote:
Raymond wrote:
Hey Gary,
Raymond

X2!!!!!!
Thanks for the invite Mike but I don't want to hijack your thread. I'll post some pics on here when I get going on the carving. Here's a pic of where I'm at now. The shorter forend is all finished and ready to carve. The other forend and fancy buttstock need a couple of light coats to finish. The other buttstock needs quite a few more coats as I just started on it. Gary
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looking good! Great thread.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

They are nice also Gary, beautiful.
Thanks for showing us.
Raymond
agingcrossbower

When you start your carving ingraving consider letting us follow along. Looks great Gary!! :)
agingcrossbower

I'm b-a-c-k! Going to next take off the excess wood. First I mark with pencil and chalk so you can see all the area's for reference and like for the rail so I stay away from thin wood.

These are the tools I use. Roughest to the more refined viewed left to right.

Well, lets get dusty HEY! and your uncle Bob.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Glad you're b-a-c-k!!
Great build along for sure!
Thanks for sharing!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
agingcrossbower

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You see the evil grinder on the previous post with the disc with coarse teeth sticking out all over. I knew it was a matter of time before it got me. And today was it. Was really getting into it when I felt this burning sensation on my thumb. You guessed it I touch that mother and it took a chuck out of me. Four hours later and 12 stitches and I am sore as hell. Got to show the bad with the good so here it is. And its OK Tara I'll heal. Hand modeling days are over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Layed me wide open,Hey!