crossbow rage 125

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

crossbow rage 125

Post by masboy »

my son shot a buck with the 125 crossbow rage yesterday said it was a real big deer but just a six and was shot at thirty yard behind the front leg and had pass thru and could not find the arrow. went about 60yds and he watched it fall.he said the rage almost cut the two ribs off where it went in and almost cut one off on the other side where it came out with a big exit hole and all kind of blood .will try to get some pictures from him.
Normous

Re: crossbow rage 125

Post by Normous »

Nice! I remember my first Rage 3 shot deer, went through two ribs and the leg bone. The blades got bent but kept intact.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Nice, congrats to him.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am glad someone is having luck with Rage BH's. The 2 blade 100 gr one i shot at a decent 8 pt this Fall at 34 yds sailed over its back. I was using my 30 yd chevron, he was chasing a Doe but he stopped & i thought i had a Buck in the Bag! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

I thought you never miss :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
masboy

Post by masboy »

my one son swears by them and won,t shoot anything else. I gave him my 125 crossbow ones after shooting my deer that ran off with them. done shot most of my Magnus at deer and my best shooting arrows. now have a quiver full of 100gr crossbow rages my son gave me so will give them another shot .all the rages I,ve shot shoot the same poi as my field points out too 50yds. took the blades out and sharpened them on my paper wheels and they will shave hair like a razer! I just got a bad habit of shooting too close too the shoulder. old rifle habits are hard too break!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have killed 9 deer with my compound with the 100 gr. 3 blade Rage in the last 2 years they are an awesome broadhead because they shoot right with my field points. The only issue with them is changing blades because that is a pain. I just received my Vortex before Christmas so I didn't get to try one out with my Crossbow. Congrats to your son's harvest
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I haven't tried too many different broadheads but I've had great results with Rage 2's and took a bear this year with a Rage Crossbow 125. I've been very pleased with the Rage products so far. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
BBDOWN

Post by BBDOWN »

How are your 125s at 40+ yrds? I was shooting 100s but found at 30yrds they dropped really fast.WENT BACK TO 150 Boltcutters.
masboy

Post by masboy »

I shoot them on 2114 with a 110 brass insert and blazers and out to 50yds they hit the same poi as my 125 field tips and just as accurate shot from my vortex. also shot the 100 rage on my 2117 out to 50yds with the same brass inserts and blazers and they hit the same as my 100 gr fieldpoints. i think it,s all about having the right arrow. these arrows have been weighed, squared,sorted out the best shooting ones from a dozen that shoot to the same poi with field points.and all broadheads iv,e tried the same weight as the field points hit about the same poi out to 50yds.