Re: which would be easier to cock

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

bellasboss wrote:the equinox or the exomax? why? thank you BB
Same! Because they are the same! LMAO
John
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Now if you were asking which one would fit a taller man better. I would have to say the Exomax. I own a 2010 Equinox but wish I would have bought the Exomax now, because of the little bit extra length of the stock that the Exomax has. I would most likely trade for a 2010 Exomax if someone was wishing they had the Equinox instead of the Exomax.
Raymond
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Bellasboss, you wouldn't happen to know where I could find some sent free fletching glue would you?
John
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I went from an Exocet to and Exomax a couple of years ago and like the fit a lot better. I'm 6'2" with long arms.

That being said if you have a short arms or any sort of shoulder issues you might consider and Exocet for Vortex. The shorter rail length will make it much easier to cock and the difference poundage difference is really negligible when it comes to killing things.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have a crank-a-roo now, so I have no problem cocking the crossbow. It is the length of the stock that I thought I would get used to but I haven't liked it ever since I sold my Phoenix and bought an Equinox. I haven't used it a great deal probably no more than 100 shots probably. The reason for that is that I have some medical issues that had me out of commission quiet often. I may seriously try and trade someone who has the 2010 Exomax if they wanted to do a trade.
Raymond
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I went the other route, from an Emax to an Ecet. You can read the specs on all by clicking on the model on left side of this page.

I found the Emax to be a brute, so I tamed it some w/ diff string and heavier arrows. I shot an Ecet and liked the easier cocking and better serving life.

I like them all, just some more than others. I don't care for the thumbhole stock models.

Save you some rooting around: 1st listed is thumbhole, 2nd reg stock models; Enox/Emax, Vortex/Exocet, Ibex/Phoenix. Axiom is a stripped down Phoenix, comes in a kit ready to go. Vixen and VixenII, very similar, think one has a slightly shorter stock.

All the new 2012 models will be out in 2 weeks, bargains can be found w/ folks swapping out...........
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I am 6' 1" with long arms also.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I should have stayed with the traditional stocks myself as well. But where I was working, I was selling them so whenever I wanted another one I just ordered myself what I wanted at cost. And just sold my other one and made money on that one and stepped up to the flagship of Excalibur. The owner of the store was okay with whatever I wanted top do and it worked out well for me upgrading. Then pow, away goes my health and now I have the Equinox. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But I would rather have the Exomax with the traditional stock.
Raymond
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I've never been a big fan of the thumbhole stock. My son has a Vortex and I just find it a little awkward and bulky.
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I had thought I would like a thumbhole stock but after holding one I'm no longer a fan.
The regular stock allows me to flip the safety off very easily with my thumb but found it awkward with the thumbhole stock.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"