reconyx game cams

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

reconyx game cams

Post by warningshot »

looking for info on these...will they work to -25 c and the low glow flash can it been seen by the human eye
bigredopie

Re: reconyx game cams

Post by bigredopie »

I have several of these cameras and hope to add some more in the future(I just found a returned unit at Cabelas for $350). They are in a class by themselves.
The last time I changed the batteries (lithium) was in June and when we checked the camera this past week it was still over 90% after 7,000+ pics. My other cameras only last a couple months in the summer and a few weeks in the winter and a camera with a dead battery is of no use to me.

For the temps you are asking about I would probably look into their Professional series (rated to -40°f). They are a little more $ but the circuits are much better suited for the elements and they come with a much better software package which allows you to customize how the cameras work. I use two of the HC800 cameras that are semi covert and you can see the "flash" if you are looking directly at the camera but if you go with the covert flash HC900 it is not visible at all. The HC800 has the longest flash reach at 70' which was what I was looking for.

The two pro models can only be purchased directly from Reconyx but there customer service and ordering was very quick for me.

Give one a try and I don't think you will be dissappointed.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
gunnutjay

Post by gunnutjay »

I bought two SpyPoint IR6 cameras & put Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in them. I have pics down to -22C, the coldest day we've had so far.

If you don't absolutely need the invisible IR, then there are other cameras that cost a fraction of the Reconyx cameras & work in the cold with the right battery combination.

I'll also say that I used to use StealthCam's with C batteries, they stopped working when we got into the negative temps. Frustrated me & is the reason I went with the SpyPoint IR6 cameras with Energizer Lithium batteries. I will try the StealthCam's with C battery 'sleeves' which will allow me to use a AA Lithium battery in them, maybe that will see them working in colder weather...

Cheers
gunnutjay
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used Bushnell Trophy cam XLT and scoutguard in sub zero weather with good results .