Bowfishing crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Bowfishing crossbow

Post by wheelie »

I am looking for a bowfishing crossbow. See another company has a recurve bowfishing package bow but I will buy the bare bow. It is 180lbs bow and slide the bow down the rail, lock it in and it can be 120lbs or 90lbs also. Pretty neat. See what excalipur has to offer with there new ones in the next couple weeks but I think I know what I will buy. Real good price and it is a top manufacter as well.
Dereck

Re: Bowfishing crossbow

Post by Dereck »

Show us a pic :D
Tenpoint Matrix
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Sounds like a Gt Flex?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

BINGO! LOL
rayman

Post by rayman »

Aaa, do a little bowfishing and gigging around here. Got hooked on it in 1999. Haven't been in about 5 years though. Don't know what you will be after there, jumping carp? Here it is mostly tilapia when they go on bed, and gulf mullet in the river when the water is right. Rigged up an old Browning compound I quit using with a cheap bowfishing set up. Usually take a lot of shots, mostly misses, but high volume shooting so I set the poundage very low. Helps keep from breaking the string too. Lot of fun. Seems like you would have to cock the xbow too many times and would be better off with a low poundage verticle bow. Very interested to here how it works out!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Florida huh? Got a couch for alligator season. LOL No asian carp here just common carp and suckers. Only two that are legal and we only have a 3 month season. This summer my goal is a big gator gar. Told wife we are headed to Texas because I never renewed my Nascar tickets after 15 years of going.
Last edited by wheelie on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

essublime - Was it u I was talking to via email today? GT Flex. Thats where that picture was. Love it!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Thought about a Excalibur Apex. But then you have one weight. I like the ajustability of the other one for when shooting other places and water is deeper or longer distance from the docks ect. You can just up or lower the weight as needed.
masboy

Post by masboy »

sounds good I also am looking for one we got some fat carp swimming around and I just didn,t Know what would be best. like said before I don,t want to much power and be pulling my arrows out of the mud.use to shoot a lot with my dads old 40lb long bow and it done fine.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

masboy wrote:I don,t want to much power and be pulling my arrows out of the mud.use to shoot a lot with my dads old 40lb long bow and it done fine.
Yes exactly. I use a 50lbs recurve and it does fine.
masboy

Post by masboy »

I would use a recurve but I,m left handed and my right eye is my master eye and would have to close my right eye to shoot and don,t like doing that. missed a lot of deer with a recurve by forgetting to close it. but I shoot rifles and crossbows right handed so can,t wait to shoot them with a crossbow! I guess I,m a backward hillbilly!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I was right handed and became blind in my right eye so I switched 4 years ago to left handed for everything. Bought a left hand compound and pulled it back as far as I could all winter long infront of TV. Now I can not even draw a right hand 40lbs bow.

Picture of my boat and my buddy I took out. Since have a foot control electric and building a shooting platform on it this winter. Will post my story that is in a bowfishing magazine when I can down the road. Can't right now.

As you see my buddy shot my spare bow. He is left hand also. That bow is 40lbs.

Have been asked to put on a bowfishing derby to clean out some carp since the police eposode. It is in the works for this summer.
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

Wheelie, please keep us updated on your tournament. Definitely drive up for that.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

OldSkool wrote:Wheelie, please keep us updated on your tournament. Definitely drive up for that.
Will do. :) :)
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

wheelie wrote:
OldSkool wrote:Wheelie, please keep us updated on your tournament. Definitely drive up for that.
Will do. :) :)
I am interested as well.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings