Not this year!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BBDOWN

Not this year!

Post by BBDOWN »

Last year at the end of deer season I unsrung the bow and put it away untill spring. Not this year coyotes are at a high in my area and theres rabbits, Im not working anymore my wife took up a hobbie that keeps her busy for hours so Im going to hunt my ass off beets going to the gym. My young lad has his hunters coures all done so I hope he can keep up because for the next 4 months we are going to have a blast. If we shoot at game or not we are going to have alot of fun and thats what matters to me. keep shootin guys and gals its the most fun you can have with your clothes on :roll: :roll:
wheelie

Re: Not this year!

Post by wheelie »

Have fun. Was deer hunting and came home with 2 rabbits. Shot off four Rage 2 broadheads and broke 2 Big John arrows on trees. I figure I junked 4 arrows and my 2 rabbits cost me $75. Cheaper to use my .22 or go to a rabbit farm and buy them. LOL Good luck.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

wheelie wrote:I figure I junked 4 arrows and my 2 rabbits cost me $75. Cheaper to use my .22 or go to a rabbit farm and buy them. LOL Good luck.
You'll go insane keeping track of stuff like that. I figure I could probably buy fillet mignon for what it costs me to get a deer. :lol:

We took off to the wife's relatives for Christmas and was gone for a few days. Prior to going, I took the bow portion off of the stock of the Excal in order to get it into the gun safe. It's still in 2 pieces right now. Figured I'd work on it a bit over the winter months getting it ready for this next spring/summer. Our squirrel season doesn't go out until the end of February, so I'll be taking the .22 and the dog out to see how many we can harass. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

wheelie wrote:Have fun. Was deer hunting and came home with 2 rabbits. Shot off four Rage 2 broadheads and broke 2 Big John arrows on trees. I figure I junked 4 arrows and my 2 rabbits cost me $75. Cheaper to use my .22 or go to a rabbit farm and buy them. LOL Good luck.
Ya, but just think of all the fun you had! :roll:

Besides, it's nothing a couple bucks wont fix! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting