munch mounts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bellasboss

munch mounts

Post by bellasboss »

These mounts really look great and I would bet they really help with the balance of the x-bow. But, how hard is it to get use to inserting the arrow from down bwtween the posts all thetime? Also can you still mount a top mount or side mount rangefinder with the quiver so configured? thanks, BB
Sopchoppy

Re: munch mounts

Post by Sopchoppy »

I have one of the Groundpounder mounts which works the same as Munch Mounts. When hunting from a tree stand, ladder or climber, I put a screw hook above my left shoulder and hang the quiver. If on the ground, just lay it next to me. I also have a homemade quiver holder that clips to the rail of my stand and use it some time. It a dove-tailed piece of wood that the slot on the quiver slides into with a spring clamp to attach to the rail. Hope this helps.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
gunnutjay

Post by gunnutjay »

I don't find it difficult to 'load' an arrow with my munch mount in place. But if I am hunting & broadheads are installed on my bolts, I do have to be careful not to hit the broadhead as I carefully place it through the munch mount (from behind) & push it fully rearward to seat it against the string.

I find the munch mount balances the bow better & the extra care required to load an arrow is well worth it.

Cheers
gunnutjay
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It feels a bit awkward the first time you load an arrow with the mount on, but it quickly becomes 2nd nature and you don't think about it anymore.

For 3D I use a hip quiver, but I often leave my mount on anyway. I find it's not an issue.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

VixChix wrote:It feels a bit awkward the first time you load an arrow with the mount on, but it quickly becomes 2nd nature and you don't think about it anymore.
Ditto!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Same for me. Not a problem with the rangefinder mount on top or on side ways.
Raymond
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

It's a bit different at first but not a problem. It becomes second nature and you don't even notice it after a few arrows. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads