Carved Limbs to Mag Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brake1

Carved Limbs to Mag Limbs

Post by Brake1 »

I bought an Exocet with carved limbs (not sure if it is 165 lb or 175 lb), the rail is eighteen inches long, can I replace the carved limbs with the mag limbs?
vixenmaster

Re: Carved Limbs to Mag Limbs

Post by vixenmaster »

165 came wid carved tip limbs & 175 had mag tip limbs. 165 cast flat riser & 175 had machined riser. Yes you can put mag tip limbs on it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
derf

Post by derf »

put mag tip limbs on my 150 lb excalibur wolverine works great. derf
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I changed the limbs on my '97 Exocet to the newer ones and I wish I had my older ones back. Make the bow seem heavier, bigger, wider. Since I did a warranty trade on my limbs I couldn't get them back so I bought another Exocet, a '94 with carved limbs. :wink: I'm happy again. Gary
Brake1

Post by Brake1 »

Brake1 wrote:I bought an Exocet with carved limbs (not sure if it is 165 lb or 175 lb), the rail is eighteen inches long, can I replace the carved limbs with the mag limbs?
Thanks everyone, I am not sure if the risers are machined or cast, just getting into crossbows, have always shot a compound bow. I might be better off buying one with 200 or 225 lb limbs. The one I have has what I perceive to be a drastic drop (approximately 18”) where the bolt hits the target from twenty to forty yards. I used the same sight for both bolts to see what the difference would be.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Welcome to the forum! A machined riser has two dovetails for front sight machined on top of it, cast has two sets of holes drilled and tapped to mount steel plates w/ dovetails on them.

Another couple of terms that will interest you are 'straight' and forward angled'. These refer to the limb pockets on, I believe two types of machined risers.

In the fwiw dept, my 200# model[s] have had about a 1" change in poi per yard, when shooting at 30 yds.

I'm not sure of the diff from 20 to 30, because like many folks 'on' here, I use a range compensating scope w/ spot on aim points for every thing reasonable past 20 yards, aka "the Zones" made for Excal. Have fun, sounds like you may have a Classic.

Oh, be careful of string used on carved tip limb bows.
"Eze 18:21"
bdog

Post by bdog »

using the same weight arrow and the same hold with your sights an 18 in. drop from 20 to 40 yrds is not unusual,and it's not the limbs that give you your pull weight it's the length of the rail.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com