target backstops

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bc shredder

target backstops

Post by bc shredder »

what does everyone use. I want something for field points and broad heads. So i can sight in each properly most importantly without damaging or dulling my broadheads. Someone said hey bales work great but i am
skeptical. I just got an exomax as my first piece of archery equipment so am a total noob. help me out.
bigredopie

Re: target backstops

Post by bigredopie »

Boy this must be the season for us noobs. I bought a rineheart 18-1 which works great and will stand up to anything you can throw at it (guaranteed).

Check out the thread "exomax target" thread also discussing this issue.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I dont think you'll find a target that won't "dull" your BHs,they're going to get dull no matter what you shoot them into.I only use one BH for target shooting,just to make sure they fly the same as my FPs.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Dash

Post by Dash »

An old feed bag packed with rags works best on field points, and gives easy removal with 2 fingers. It'll last you many years. After a lot of shooting Kick it around to move the rags a little inside and your ready to shoot again. As I use mechanicals that come with a weighted practice point now I don't worry about testing them now.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

x 2 on the feed bag with old clothes. Just make sure you cut off zippers and buttons. More old feed bags are good for stuffing too.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.