Snow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Snow

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Who has snow? We had a couple of inches for Christmas Day and after that it disappeared again. And then a light dusting one other day. The weather is all mixed up. We should have snow or even cold weather. It was way to warm for deer hunting. What little I could do. And now it is way to warm for trying to catch rabbits in a cage. That are just not moving enough. And with these temperatures I suppose they are finding new growth every where.

Here is a photo of my grandson and myself. He comes every weekend and wants to go check his cages. We have 4 cages out and not one rabbit. Good sign but I think it needs to be colder. It is so much fun and exciting to have him excited to keep going. I moved the cages and lets hope for the best. Some people are telling me that the rabbit population is way down this year.
Raymond
taz3

Re: Snow

Post by taz3 »

We have about an inch or so left of a 5" snow fall before New Years. Our weather has been real mild here too in Southern Ontario. The only thing we've seen, is a lot of wild turkeys, where I am. I have been out in the fields to deer watch yet, it's too muddy, with the warm weather.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
masboy

Post by masboy »

we had a dusting and a few flurries and the deer are ganged up and hiding . seen 13 deer Friday and none since and no bucks .Friday was late rifle and all the deer I seen were in range of my excal but I was waiting for the buck that never came.about ready to shoot some squirrels been seeing plenty .
rayman

Post by rayman »

No snow yet in Florida. :lol:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

:lol: :lol: , I will sell you some, :lol: :lol: . That is when we get some, :lol: :lol: .
Raymond
rayman

Post by rayman »

It does snow here on rare occation, twice in the last 47 years that I remember. You guys would just consider it a heavy frost though. I work out of town a lot and have worked in the snow a number of times. It's not my favorite thing to do. Driving in the snow gives me heart burn too. :)
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

rayman wrote:It does snow here on rare occation, twice in the last 47 years that I remember. You guys would just consider it a heavy frost though. I work out of town a lot and have worked in the snow a number of times. It's not my favorite thing to do. Driving in the snow gives me heart burn too. :)
You must have eaten some of that lemon flavored snow, :lol: :lol: .
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Cute little boy there I know he sure loves his grandpa. My grandson leaves to go back home tomorrow, and I sure will miss him. Raymond I hope the weather works out so you get a chance at a rabbit for your grandson.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Crazy weather this year here in southern Ontario. No sign of snow and going up to 7C (46 F) today. Heck spring will be here before we know it!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Nothing to speak of here in Ontario,long range looks like no signifcant cold for the month of Jan.Deer and turkey's numbers should be healthy for 2012!!
Heck I might even ride to Port Dover on Friday!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You sure that isn't a picture of your son and grandson? You look awefully young! Good looking pair . . .hopefully your traps will fill up . . .maybe you need to load one up before his next trip up there. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
taz3

Post by taz3 »

MADMAX2 wrote:Deer and turkey's numbers should be healthy for 2012!!

Heck I might even ride to Port Dover on Friday!! :lol:
I'm hope so too!

I have a couple of buddies that head out to P. Dover, and I'll bet a few will be there if it stays mild! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Raymond wrote:Hey Folks,
Who has snow? We had a couple of inches for Christmas Day and after that it disappeared again. And then a light dusting one other day. The weather is all mixed up. We should have snow or even cold weather. It was way to warm for deer hunting. What little I could do. And now it is way to warm for trying to catch rabbits in a cage. That are just not moving enough. And with these temperatures I suppose they are finding new growth every where.

Here is a photo of my grandson and myself. He comes every weekend and wants to go check his cages. We have 4 cages out and not one rabbit. Good sign but I think it needs to be colder. It is so much fun and exciting to have him excited to keep going. I moved the cages and lets hope for the best. Some people are telling me that the rabbit population is way down this year.

just heard they had 8 ft. in parts of alaska :roll:

Dave :)
Raymond
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

papa bear1 wrote: just heard they had 8 ft. in parts of alaska :roll:
I thought that it was 18 ft. :shock: Whatever it was, they've had to call out the National Guard up there to dig people out of their houses.

We had enough snow a week or so abo here in KY that you could see a white patch or two on the ground every here and there. :lol: It's supposed to be up to 52 F here today, with rain. The next 3 days though we're supposed to get snow flurries. :roll:

Edited to add:
OH Crap! :shock: :shock: I just watched the weather webcast. They're calling for a dusting to 1" locally. :lol:

http://www.wlky.com/video-cast/30185588/detail.html
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Big58cal wrote:
papa bear1 wrote: just heard they had 8 ft. in parts of alaska :roll:
I thought that it was 18 ft. :shock: Whatever it was, they've had to call out the National Guard up there to dig people out of their houses.

We had enough snow a week or so abo here in KY that you could see a white patch or two on the ground every here and there. :lol: It's supposed to be up to 52 F here today, with rain. The next 3 days though we're supposed to get snow flurries. :roll:

Edited to add:
OH Crap! :shock: :shock: I just watched the weather webcast. They're calling for a dusting to 1" locally. :lol:

http://www.wlky.com/video-cast/30185588/detail.html
Holy snowball's your'e right it was 18ft , here in MO. we got one &half last nite , but heading back in low 50's mon.

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings