Who scouts ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OneShot

Who scouts ?

Post by OneShot »

Being unable to sleep and computer savie -- I thought a great topic would be " "WHO" scouts this late in the year - now that deer season is over in our part of the world?

WE have no ice for fishing - no snow for rabbit hunting - so what can we do ?

Having knowledge of late season escape routes needed by the most elusive desireable bucks is always on my mind - and other folks tweeks my intensions for this thread !

Who else spends time afield trying to gain an edge on next years trophy buck ?

We have huge bucks - never actually seen by the naked eye - only on trail cameras are my personal targets .

We know the rutt make all bucks vonuralble and harvestable - but how do we actually intererperit and do we successfully enderver to make this a possibility ?

I for one would like any help in this area !

oneshot........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Dash

Re: Who scouts ?

Post by Dash »

Hey scott, I don't mean to change the subject. But I'm curious what did you mean when you said "no snow for rabbit hunting" What do you need the snow for?
I like the idea of putting in Game cam time. Many people tell you what they think the game are doing, their habits, where they will be etc. But there's no better way to know whats going on in your area than catching it all on camera and working it out yourself.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

OneShot wrote: no snow for rabbit hunting - so what can we do ?
Nothing like hunting white rabbits in a green forest. They stand out like a sore thumb. Lots of them around in early season. Once the snow covers the ground then the coyotes zoom in on the rabbits and they all seem to disapear. Thats what I believe happens. I am sure many here will disagree with me. My opinion only.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The spot I hunt isn't too big but I like to go out there every now and then in the off season to see what's going on. Look for tracks and other sign, check for sheds in the spring and that sort of thing. Keeps me connected and looking forward to the fall.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Dash wrote:Hey scott, I don't mean to change the subject. But I'm curious what did you mean when you said "no snow for rabbit hunting" What do you need the snow for?
You can hunt them when there's no snow but for me it's fun to find a track and follow it where ever it goes and then try and flush them out. I'm a simple man so rabbit tracks and droppings in the snow make me smile. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I usually grab my .22 & do some squirrel/late season scouting. We have it a little bit different than y'all here in the deep south. When the season ends here there's very little leaves left on the trees and bushes and the branches and thicket's are a little more accessible. Also if we have had a wet winter it makes looking for tracks much easier. This winter has been hot & dry so i'll see how it goes. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

SORRY BUTTT

I am not Scottt !

I am the one and only REAL ONESHOT !

Scott joined the group and managed to infringe upon my name -many ---many - years after I earned my handle !!!!!!!

He does do me justice at times; but a bit confusing when some folks get a handle tooooo close to another member who has had the name for four times longer than they have !!!!!
I am quite a bit older obbsessed and deranged - maybe rabid too--

Not intending to step on anyones toes but ---- I AM ----

ONESHOT>>>>>>>>>>>>> the living legend -- at least in my own mind !!!!!!!!!!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

..Nevermind...
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

J

While on my "walkabout " huntin north avoiding the wife and kidds , we encontered snow !

Six - ten inches most mornings but by noon it was gone !

Then as sunset arrived the snow would seem to accumulate again .

My trailer would heave too often ; needing a good jaring of the door to get outside each morning.

It was fun spending six weeks in Muskoka in near solitude - no women to order me around forcing me to watch the DIY network getting ideas to spend yet more time wasted fixing up the teepee instead of afield ; when real men need to be gatthering food for the rest of the year !

oneshot.....
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

This time of year when I head out to the woods its for coyote, and after the last two days there is lots of snow on the ground.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

OneShot wrote:SORRY BUTTT

I am not Scottt !

Scott joined the group and managed to infringe upon my name -many ---many - years after I earned my handle !!!!!!!

He does do me justice at times; but a bit confusing when some folks get a handle tooooo close to another member who has had the name for four times longer than they have !!!!!

:shock:
Hey one shot, when I joined the forum I didn't read hundreds of posts. Never knew you exsisted. In time I found your posts and thought "oh crap, bet hes pissed" :lol: but we are not the only one shots on archery forums. The name seems to be quite popular. Even here there are more than you and I. I'm willing to change it, heck I'll even let you make a suggestion since I haven't the foggiest idea what to change it to (pls be kind :wink: ). One shot Scott has been nothing but a problem since my name is Neil :lol: I never thought I would be hanging around here 4000 post later but this place is far too cool to leave. I know mike (aka agingcrossbower) would like me to change from 1shot Scott since he has a hard time remembering names! And others too.

Now, Back to bunnies....
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I cannot travel the woods very much now but I used to love rabbit hunting with snow or without. You come across the deer in their winter range. At least I used to. Rabbit season for me was a really good time in the woods, now I cannot chase the woods for rabbit like I used to because of medical issues and my hound is getting old and sometimes she goes off to the woods all by herself but mostly stays in the house with me. It used to be so much fun going in the woods with her to chase bunnies all day long. I really do miss that also.
Thanks,
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

one shot scott wrote:

I am not Scottt !

Hey one shot, when I joined the forum I didn't read hundreds of posts. Never knew you exsisted. In time I found your posts and thought "oh crap, bet hes pissed" :lol: but we are not the only one shots on archery forums. The name seems to be quite popular. Even here there are more than you and I. I'm willing to change it, heck I'll even let you make a suggestion since I haven't the foggiest idea what to change it to (pls be kind :wink: ). One shot Scott has been nothing but a problem since my name is Neil :lol: I never thought I would be hanging around here 4000 post later but this place is far too cool to leave. I know mike (aka agingcrossbower) would like me to change from 1shot Scott since he has a hard time remembering names! And others too.

Now, Back to bunnies....
I saw the two right off when i joined but it didnt mess me up..but if you need to change you could try:
Scott Shot One or maybe One Scott Shot or even Shot One Scott..just tryin to help..or maybe im bored :lol: :lol:
silly wabbits
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

strum wrote:
one shot scott wrote:

I am not Scottt !

Now, Back to bunnies....
I saw the two right off when i joined but it didnt mess me up..but if you need to change you could try:
Scott Shot One or maybe One Scott Shot or even Shot One Scott..just tryin to help..or maybe im bored :lol: :lol:
silly wabbits
You've had too much carrot juice!! :lol: :lol:
wascally wabbit
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Unfortunately at this time handles don't matter - it seems ; BUT I do remember times when an infringement on names did matter !

I made no big issue -- butt NOW it seems to confuse folks !

NO I DO not post NOW as much a scott does -- BUTTTT at one time - many providers ago I was a bit more active!

My handle was cemented !!!!!

So WHO do we sacrifice to the GODS ?

Time will tell and a decision will be made !!!!!!!!!!!

Should I stay or should I go -- let's see 10+ years of loyalty and commitment -- does it matter or a flash in then pan ?

A NEW post or two will decide !

THE REAL ONESHOT --- FOUR PROVIDERS INTO OUR GROUP !!!!!!!!!