Gun Registry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Gun Registry

Post by ecoaster »

Just curious as to where this sits. Last thing I heard was that the Conservatives were introducing the bill, but has it passed, is there light at the end of the tunnel???
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
tsc

Re: Gun Registry

Post by tsc »

It has passed the First two readings, passed Committee without amendment and is waiting to go back to the "House" for 3rd reading. We're waiting for 3rd reading, since it came back just before Christmas holidays (I suspect late Jan/Early Feb for 3rd reading).

Then the process of 2 readings, committee and 3rd reading in the Senate. (Then Royal Assent).
joe171

Post by joe171 »

:D :D :D

Thanks TIC for the update the news papers did not have much imfo

joe ( ;- o
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

joe171 wrote::D :D :D

joe ( ;- o
Thats cause their run by the liberals :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

MADMAX2 wrote:

joe ( ;- o

:lol: :lol: You got that right!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

MADMAX2 wrote:

joe ( ;- o

:lol: :lol:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

MADMAX2 wrote:

joe ( ;- o
Here we go again :roll: !

You guys can very easily do some quick online reasearch and reading on any newspaper or online news sourced produced in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and you’ll have all of the Conservative info you want :wink:

But putting the conspiracy aside, ALL of the info status is available Parliament of Canada's website, so there's no hiding of anything...just thought I'd clear it up.

Looking forward to long-gun registry to be abolished as well. Terrible waiste of $$ it has been. Got to specific that bill C-19 is only & specifically in regards to Long-Guns, way....way...WAY to many ppl in Canada and the US don't seem to get that!
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
TPM

Post by TPM »

Got to specific that bill C-19 is only & specifically in regards to Long-Guns, way....way...WAY to many ppl in Canada and the US don't seem to get that!
That's because of the left leaning Liberal views that dominate our news media. I know there are Conservative views out there but the leftist media seem to have a much greater presence in this country.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
tsc

Post by tsc »

You're all welcome.

I'm anxiously waiting for the demise of the LGR, then work on 12.X status' and the restricted/prohib registry (I missed the 12.6 status by about $200-- didn't have the money to buy a short barreled handgun, before the due date---Life it happens).

I've always professed "After they come after my handguns, there coming after your long guns" Bill C-68 can attest to that. Bill C-19 is a step in the right direction.

If you can handle some of the nonsense and testosterone that gets posted there. check out canadiangunnutz(dot)com. Most of the stuff there I just read and :roll: :roll:; but there is sometimes some good info.

(Sorry, I tried looking up the forum rules about referring to other websites and I didn't find anything. If I am in violation, please remove my post and I shall apologize in advance).
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

tsc wrote:You're all welcome.

I'm anxiously waiting for the demise of the LGR, then work on 12.X status' and the restricted/prohib registry (I missed the 12.6 status by about $200-- didn't have the money to buy a short barreled handgun, before the due date---Life it happens).

I've always professed "After they come after my handguns, there coming after your long guns" Bill C-68 can attest to that. Bill C-19 is a step in the right direction.

If you can handle some of the nonsense and testosterone that gets posted there. check out canadiangunnutz(dot)com. Most of the stuff there I just read and :roll: :roll:; but there is sometimes some good info.

(Sorry, I tried looking up the forum rules about referring to other websites and I didn't find anything. If I am in violation, please remove my post and I shall apologize in advance).

I do alot of reading on the Gunnutz site. You have to sift through some testosterone fueled BS but there is alot of good info to be had there. It's not nearly as friendly as this site is but there's a lot of good info on firearms and current political issues. Just keep your flame suit and tinfoil hat handy. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

TPM wrote:
Got to specific that bill C-19 is only & specifically in regards to Long-Guns, way....way...WAY to many ppl in Canada and the US don't seem to get that!
That's because of the left leaning Liberal views that dominate our news media. I know there are Conservative views out there but the leftist media seem to have a much greater presence in this country.
I totally agree with you on this Tim...that's the way it is and it can't be denied. Most folks don't even realize it because it's been the norm for so long.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

j.krug wrote:
TPM wrote:
I totally agree with you on this Tim...that's the way it is and it can't be denied. Most folks don't even realize it because it's been the norm for so long.

Those people are what are known as "sheeple". :wink: I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Common sense isn't common any more." I just can't figure out why some people are so ignorant and believe whatever gibberish is fed to them and they can't use their brains to figure out when they are being fed a bunch of B.S. :roll:

As far as the gun registry............ :roll: :roll: I can't figure out why the Canadian government can't look at the U.S. and take lessons. Areas that restrict guns have higher crime rates than areas that don't.

A guy I used to work with was a Canadian resident down here living and working. He got married while he was down here. His wife and kids were US citizens, but he retained his Canadian citizenship. With some exceptions, non-US citizens, legally in the US, and residents of certain states are allowed to own firearms here. He bought a pistol and kept it for home defense and target practice while he was here. Different things happened with his family back up in Canada, so he and his wife decided to move their family back up there permanently. Since I knew he was going, knew he had the pistol, and knew they were restriced in Canada, I asked him what he planned to do with it. :wink: He said that since he couldn't take it back up there, he'd sell it to me if I wanted it. :D He quoted me a price, but it was way too low and I wasn't wanting to take advantage of him. I looked up what the gun was worth and gave him "pretty close" to what it was worth. :wink: He was happy and I was happy so that's all that mattered.

The point in all of this is that for several years, while the guy was down here, he owned a pistol legally. He didn't use it to commit any crimes or intimidate anyone. He kept the pistol for home defense and for the enjoyment of shooting. But once he was moving back up to Canada, he knew he had to get rid of his pistol because they were restricted there. Now, I don't know what he's doing to ensure he and his family are safe from predatory dirt-bags, but I do know that he isn't using a pistol because his government doesn't trust him with one. :x
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Canadian like to think that that they're more progressive than Americans when it comes to gun laws and gun safetey. :roll:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Actually Big58cal, your buddy could have legally brought the handgun up to Canada but it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle. It's true, handguns are restricted up here but they're not prohibited. Just a quick run down on gun ownership in Canada for our American friends. In order to legally obtain any gun in Canada you must have a PAL (Possession/Acquisition License). In order to get this you must be over the age of 18, have a clean background (there is some subjectivity to this) and you must pass a written and practical safety test. Your PAL is good for five years at which time you must renew. The safety testing only has to be done once. The renewal is just a matter of filling out the application and sending it in. There are two levels of PALs. One is for non-restricted and one is for restricted. For the most part non-restricted guns include your long guns and restricted are mostly handguns. Of course there are a few exceptions but this but this definition covers 99% of the guns out there. Once our long gun registry is scrapped buying any rifle or shotgun will be a matter of showing your PAL and taking the gun home. Restricted guns are a bit more complicated. If your buddy wanted a handgun in Canada he would first have to have a restricted PAL. He would then have to join a handgun range. When he buys a handgun he is required to show the local firearms officer prove of membership when he goes to register it. He would also require an ATT permit (Authorization To Transport) in order to transport it to and from the range. It is a bit of a pain (I used to own handguns) but a lot of guys (and gals :wink: ) do it.
Another big difference between Canadian and American gun laws is that Canadian laws are pretty all governed at the Federal level. There is virtually no Provincial or Municipal level laws at this time to speak of. One set of rules for the whole country. This means that as long as I have my PAL I can buy a gun anywhere in Canada or take a gun anywhere in Canada without having to worry about local laws and restrictions.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Talk about a convoluted process. :shock: Yeah, I don't think he would have wanted to go through all of that, especially after what he had to go through to get his wife and kids Canadian citizenship. It was over a year after he made the decision that he was actually able to move up there. I know all of that time was not waiting for the citizenship issue to be rectified, but I do know it took him several months. After all of that, I don't think he wanted to explore what all it would take to get the pistol up there. Both he and I knew that they were "restricted", but I don't think either one of us knew what all that entailed.

Still, it will be good to see the LGR go away for you folks. :D I hate to see firearms restricted for anyone for no good reason. Same thing with some of the guns that "look" dangerous. :roll: I've got a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle with a folding stock on it. With the folding stock, I believe that gun is either very restricted or prohibited up there. With the factory wood stock on it, it's legal. What kind of logic is that? It's the same firearm, but with different cosmetics. It just doesn't make sense to me. :x

All that gun restrictions do is penalize law-abiding citizens. Criminals don't care about laws anyway. Why do the politicians believe that the restrictions make people safer?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.