Cheap Broadheads??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

golfcat

Cheap Broadheads??

Post by golfcat »

Been using 100 gr Wasp Hammer SSTs and they are working great but instead of 6 for $36 they are now 3 for $37. Not sure why the price increase but I don't like it. Where I hunt unless the arrow stays in the deer I never find them and if I hit a limb or just miss they are gone, also. It's bad enough when broadheads are $6 each but at $13 its going to be downright painful. Has anybody tried the Thunderhead or Muzzys that are still around the 6 for $36 price range? I need a recommendation or else I've got to find a lot higher trees to hunt out of.
Boo

Re: Cheap Broadheads??

Post by Boo »

Have you thought about G5 Montecs or others that you can resharpen?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
golfcat

Post by golfcat »

It's not a resharpen problem, it's more of a once I pull the trigger I never see the arrow again thing. I am going to borrow a metal detector and see if I can find some of them that way. I just don't want to start paying $13 per broadhead unless I have to.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Could send you mine! It's not like I ever use 'em. :lol: They go on the arrows and then back in the box at the end of the season. No danger of losing them if you never shoot 'em. :oops:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Thanks Hank! It been 7 year of bowhunting... lol I enjoy just about every moment of it anyway though! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i tried slick tricks at 3 for 27 bucks and i like them, good solid fixed blade broadhead :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Have you thought about using Luminoks with your arrows?
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
masboy

Post by masboy »

I,ve shot the muzzys most of my life and found them as accurate as any I have ever shot . many deer have fell to them for me but I,m always looking for something better but I don,t think there are many much better out there.
strum

Post by strum »

bob1961 wrote:i tried slick tricks at 3 for 27 bucks and i like them, good solid fixed blade broadhead :wink: ..........bob

same here on the slicks :D reasonably priced,fly great,kill great. thats all you need..(IMHO)
I had few thunder heads when i changed to xbow..I couldnt get them to fly well so i gave em away..
I tried some muzzys to ..same thing,,not for me..
I think you have a good problem. I mean how many shots do feel your going to take after all?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

On flea bay i see slicks fer $24 per 3 & sometimes free shipping I also see lots of Magnus BH's cheap same way. I would buy a dz not look back!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used Magnus Snuffers - they were $26 for 6 . Took 5 animals with one befoe losing it .
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I shot thunderheads for years out of my vertical bow and they were very good but I have poor groups with them out of my Equinox .
I shoot the slick trick 175 grain and they group great have no plans an changing heads next season.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Slick tricks are a good buy for fixed...BP redhead gator's for mechanical. I like spitfires but their starting to get a little pricey! :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I use the Muzzy 125 fixed 3 blade,they fly great hit the same hole as my FPs.But I did have to refletch my arrows with 2" Bohning Blazers to get them to fly right.My 1st shot with my new Axiom I shot a deer thru the heart with them. I got a 6pk on Ebay brand new for $21
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
golfcat

Post by golfcat »

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pick up a pack of the Muzzy's and a pack of the SlickTricks and see what works best out of my old slow Exocet 165. As slow as it is compared to all the new bows I can probably shoot anything and get it to group.

Haven't tried the Lumenoks yet but it may be time. Do they help much in the daylight or just in low light conditions?

Don't remember who asked about how many shots I plan on taking but hopefully it's only one per deer. The only problem is with all the leaves where I hunt if I pull the trigger I never see the arrow again, regardless of hit or miss. In the last 2 years I've had 5 shots and only found one arrow. The rest are buried under brush and leaves. That would be 3 misses and 2 clean kills. Apparently, I can't judge distance and the deer seem to come in from the only distance I haven't lasered a distance yet.