Luminocs are worth it

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucknbill

Luminocs are worth it

Post by bucknbill »

i was shootin my bow yesterday and one arrow hit a weak spot and sailed thru target..arrow, broadhead and luminoc..i looked all around and found nothing..it dropped off a slope behind my target so no tellin how far it went..i happen to think about it last nite..went out to the target to look..sure enough way down the slope a little red light was shining..just like a beacon :D it saved that high dollar arrow for me..first time to really need the luminoc..i could,a used them last year and saved some arrows
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
bucknbill

Re: Luminocs are worth it

Post by bucknbill »

sorry for double post
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I reckon that depends on how much funding you have to use. I spect they're good but the cost is too steep fer me. I just will do the old walk over to where i shot & follow the blood trail unless i see it fall fom my stand
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

They have saved me arrows and one time I recovered a deer because of them. They are worth it. Not only that, but if you take a video of your kills it makes for great footage. You can pinpoint the poi
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I like'm because no matter the light conditions you can follow your arrow and you know where you're going to hit. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I haven't used them in the crossbow yet but I have killed several deer with my compound using them. The only issue that I have had with them is cutting off after impact of the animal probably during the arrow passing through the animal it is getting pulled out a bit and cutting off.
I also love to watch the arrow with the bright red streak as it impacts the target especially hunting and practicing in low light conditions. They are a great addition to an arrow for hunting.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Knowing the placement has been very important to me and they have worked flawlessly and yes saving a couple arrows dosen't hurt either. probably the first time that happens they are paid for...
cspot

Post by cspot »

I won't deer hunt without them especially when hunting with my son. It is easier to see where the shot hit to know if you need to wait. It is also easier to find the arrow to see what evidence is on it. I love them.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm waiting for the version made by Nockturnal to come out in the spring. I have zero experience with either brand, but from what I have read they are more reliable, and I believe less expensive.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I like the Lumenoks cause i can watch the arrow through the scope to see my hits better when hunting. As for losing arrows that can be hit and miss depending on if you're in a tree or on the ground. From in the air shooting down the arrows tend to stick in the ground and are easy to see with the Lumenoks. When shooting on the ground the arrows tend to skim the ground and come to rest below the grass and leaf litter that may be on the ground. Sometimes you can see the glow of the Lumenok and sometimes not. Going back to look again after dark sometimes help you find them as the Lumenok shows up better but this doesn't always happen either. I don't have them on all my arrows, just the ones I reserve for hunting. So they do help for sure but it's not a sure thing.
Last edited by j.krug on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i won't hunt with out them now you see right where you hit. :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The other side of the coin.............I have no use for lighted nocks. #1, I know exactly where my arrow will hit prior to pulling the trigger. I don't hunt anymore as much as most of you, but when I do pull the trigger, it's dead. I range everything, fwiw. I have more time than money, and there's always tomorrow, lol.

My property is extremely rocky which brings up two points. Usually the arrow fired is a goner and I can't navigate the terrain very well to blood trail. Hence, I gave up pm hunts a while back.

I don't want to add the cost to a $6 GT w/ an $8 Slick.
I can see where they'd benefit some, however..........
"Eze 18:21"
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm waiting for the version made by Nockturnal to come out in the spring. I have zero experience with either brand, but from what I have read they are more reliable, and I believe less expensive.
Just checked out the website they look good and seem to be priced about the same as a Lumi nock .Have had good luck with the luminock . Just purchased a fire nock, it works great as well ( I like the replaceable battery ) .

As other have stated I like to be able to see the arrow fly to the target when hunting . White cresting and the light make the arrow highly visible in flight and on the ground .

Started using lighted nocks for bear hunting . Low light / dark target . They served me well.