blazer viens question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

blazer viens question

Post by gerald strine »

I am fletchhing up some 22 inch power bolt shafts for My Equinox and want to try some blaser vanes I shoot a 175 grain slick trick head and the shop I bought from thought a 4 inch Norway vanes would offer better groups so I got some of those but I also bought some blasers to experiment with.
I have 3 questions
#1 do I off set the blasers like a normal vanes ? I here they have some kind of leading edge technology but am not sure what that means.
#2 Do you think the 2 inch blasers will get the job done on the heavy fixed blade head.
# 3 How are the Norway vanes they seam very supple / soft
Last edited by gerald strine on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Re: blazer viens question

Post by Boo »

gerald strine wrote:I am fletchhing up some 22 inch power bolt shafts for My Equinox and want to try some blaser veins I shoot a 175 grain slick trick head and the shop I bought from thought a 4 inch Norway vein would offer better groups so I got some of those but I also bought some blasers to experiment with.
I have 3 questions
#1 do I off set the blasers like a normal vein? I here they have some kind of leading edge technology but am not sure what that means.
#2 Do you think the 2 inch blasers will get the job done on the heavy fixed blade head.
# 3 How are the Norway veins they seam very supple / soft
Offset your Blazer vanes as you do any vane. The more off-set the more accuracy. But you loose a tiny bit of speed when you increase off-set.
Heavier broadheads increase FOC and give better guidance so you won't need much off-set unless you use lower weights of broadheads.
The technology is the fact that they use a more abrupt leading edge and a textured vane for air resistance. It's the same principle as using more off-set.
The 2" Blazer will get the job done but largely unnecessary because of the amount of FOC you are creating with a 175 broadhead. That is assuming everything else is right about your bow and arrows.
Use the 2" Blazers with lots of off-set. It will give you the option of using a lighter broadhead later.
Consider the Arizona E-Z Fletcher Bolt to fletch your arrows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Retired05

Post by Retired05 »

Boo what is your take on the Arizona Bolt Fletcher. Have you tried it with Rayzer feathers. Thank You in advance. Russ
Boo

Post by Boo »

Retired05 wrote:Boo what is your take on the Arizona Bolt Fletcher. Have you tried it with Rayzer feathers. Thank You in advance. Russ
I've never been happy using feathers with any Arizona. I've only ever used a Bitz with Rayzers. But I liked Rayzers enough to give them away. Feathers require care that I'm not prepared to give.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
roly

Post by roly »

Boo wrote:

Consider the Arizona E-Z Fletcher Bolt to fletch your arrows.
X2 on the Arizona Bolt

A good friend of mine got me one, and it is a great fletching jig
I have a jo-jan and bohning pro jig, they don't get used any more
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I fletched my Blazers with an offset & helical.They worked great at helping my Muzzy 125 fixed blades fly right.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Retired05 wrote:Boo what is your take on the Arizona Bolt Fletcher. Have you tried it with Rayzer feathers. Thank You in advance. Russ
Cant comment on the feathers in this but... The Arizona E-Z fleth Bolt is one super easy fletching jig! Mine has worked first time every time. And in just a few minutes its all done not just one vane. Fast ,easy and does a really nice job. I couldnt be happier.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have bench rested my best groups ever w/ AZ-EZ in rt hand helical [on advice from Danny] 2" Blazers, GT's w/ brass inserts, and 100 gr points. Avg 5 shot group at 50 yds, 1 3/8" We always have some cross wind here.
"Eze 18:21"
masboy

Post by masboy »

x2 on that blazer accuracy all my best benched groups with field points and broadheads (blazers and brass inserts )