Breast Cancer Shoot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Breast Cancer Shoot

Post by TPM »

This week-end was our local breast cancer fundraiser shoot. Had a few Excal shooters there and our own VixChix manage to take 4th place in the womens division. She not only managed to shoot very well, she managed keep a positive and cheerful outlook and be a wonderful ambassador for the crossbow community despite a few rude comments and attitudes. Special thanks to Doemaster for his encouragement and coaching.
Congrats on the good showing!
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
NewGuy

Re: Breast Cancer Shoot

Post by NewGuy »

Congratulations Vixchix, too bad people can't keep their comments to themselves sometimes.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Congratulations Vix Chix Proud of ya :wink:

Dave :)
Last edited by papa bear1 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

By the end she had won over a few people with her positive attitude . :)
To give alittle insight to the competition . The fight for 4th and 3rd was a tie after the regular round . So the two of them had a sudden death elimination with one arrow at a time . Vix was beat by one point .
The person who beat her is a very accomplished archer . The second place is another champion archer .But the person whom won is the 2011 Womens Archer of the Year . :shock: Samantha Neal
This young lady is a refered to as a machine when it comes to shooting by her peers in the Las Vegas shoot.
So coming in fourth to these persons is a feat . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
lscha

Post by lscha »

CONGRATULATIONS, Monica. You rock! You could charm the string off a compound. Heh, heh....
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bugs

Post by bugs »

Way to go Moni! Wish I was there to be your cheerleader,I wouldnt let anyone be mean to the Vixen :wink: The gal I work with has won many trophies with her compound using a bare bow. She made fun of the other ladies because they had peeps and sights :lol: :lol:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Awww... thanks, folks!

It sure was an interesting event! Had no idea what I was getting into - sort of like my first 3D shoot. :oops:

Friday's 60 round shoot was exhausting. By the last round I was sure glad not to have to cock the bow anymore. Although there were a few serious types there, some of us had fun - always good not to take ourselves too seriously! :lol:

I was told that I had qualified and to come back on Sat. I fully expected to wash out after the first or second round. No one was more surprised than I was to be standing with the 3rd place contender.

Bit of a story about the 2nd & 3rd place ladies:

Before the shoot we were allowed some practice shots and after my first shot with my naked & loud Vixen there was an immediate flurry of comments. It continued with each shot. Not at me - mostly "indirect". A few refused to shoot on the same line with me. I can understand that - my bow is LOUD and we were indoors.

The organizers asked if any of the 16 ladies would form a 3rd line and shoot with me. The woman who later took 3rd was the first one to step forward, the woman who later took 2nd was the other one! I don't think they'll ever know how much respect they earned from me for that! They showed TOTAL CLASS. To me that attitude made them true archers - confident, and no fear of the xbow affecting their scores. I was very impressed.

When it came to my last few shots of the tournament against the 3rd place archer someone in the crowd pointed out that it was the battle of the recurves - one vertical, one horizontal. When I heard that I just had to turn my bow sideways. :D It was good for some laughs but I hope it also showed how it wasn't all that different after all. :D :D :D

It was a exhausting experience - physically & emotionally. I learned a great deal through it all. I learned a lot about focus and to tune out the crowd. I learned about how ignorant & rude some people can be for no good reason, and how incredibly supportive and kind total strangers can be.

Kevin/DoeMaster was a rock for me. He was there shooting on Friday and gave me great tips - some of which I didn't come to appreciate until later in the event. :oops: It was great to have someone to answer all the "stupid" questions! It was also great to have someone to check my totals and even write my scores when my hands were shaking too bad to write anymore.

The organizers were also incredibly supportive! I offered to step down rather than rock the boat with the crossbow, but was told if anyone had a problem with it they could leave. It was humbling. They even offered to cock my bow for me if I wanted it. They also took the time to make sure I understood how the tournament would work. I can't say enough about how supportive they were.

Of course I wouldn't and couldn't have participated at all without the support and encouragement of my husband Tim who also looked after Ben and cheered me on in person and by text from home. You make me feel like the luckiest gal! Thanks Hon! You're the BEST! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Congratulations Moni!! Sounds like quite the performance there. Way to go! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
G Skinner

Post by G Skinner »

MONICA
Congrats. on a great performance I'd shoot between you and Kevin anytime .....I'll bring my ear plugs ! :oops: Just kidding ....boy am I glad you never took me serious in either 3D or the Shoot for a Cure . So now we will see you next year ?
PRETTY IN PINK !
Good luck and play safe !
Glen
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE !