Finally got my Vortex sighted in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EJ45

Finally got my Vortex sighted in

Post by EJ45 »

Well I finally got the opportunity to shoot and sight in my Vortex. I had it dead on at 20 yds with the third shot. I cant wait for the opportunity to do some hunting with it. A buddy of mine that shoots a compound bow came over to watch, he was really impressed with the speed and accuracy (so was I !)
Matrix 355
j.krug

Re: Finally got my Vortex sighted in

Post by j.krug »

Nice! Sounds like you're good to go now. Just don't shoot the same spot twice cuz arrows can get expensive. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey get an extra string & shoot that thing make the string sing as you make them arrows zing! I shoot 1000 to 2000 times a yr. Love the practice just hate wearin my targets out so fast. Go make a hog a beliver
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
EJ45

Post by EJ45 »

I plan on doing more shooting this weekend! At what point would a better string be recommended? I hope to tag a hog as soon as my schedule permits
Matrix 355
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Better string ? Custom ? Or factory faster fps ? I would shoot & get a solid routine down pat. Cock then safety then load arrow make sure arrow is loaded before pulling string & having a dryfire
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
EJ45

Post by EJ45 »

Id guess a factory faster string would be the next step
Matrix 355
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I shot my stock string until my serving started fraying then I bought a Flemish string until I had my stock string reserved. I gained 13 fps with the Flemish string. I'm going to order a string from Boo on here for my next string to save for hunting. Everyone on here says he makes the best string. Good shooting I hope you kill that hog. I will have to wait for turkey season before I get a chance with my Vortex.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads