you meet some good folks here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

you meet some good folks here

Post by wabi »

Been a forum member for quite a few years now and I've met several people I respect and admire, but unfortunately have never met many face to face. :(

Most of the people here seem to be good folks, but every once in a while one really stands out.
Darrel (DaGriz) has turned out to be one of those, and I regret the fact he no longer feels welcome on this forum. :(

I got an email from Darrel recently asking for my mailing address. I figured he was like me and all too often forgets to update/backup his address book. :lol:

Imagine my surprise to receive a package in the mail today. He said he made a knife/fork set and this would be his one and only attempt at such a project.
He remembered I had said my son (Michael) loves camping, so he sent them to Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stainless steel with UP whitetail deer bone handles (from a crossbow kill).

Darrel may never come back and post on the forum, but he's still one of the many friends I've made thanks to the Excalibur forum!!!!!!!!!!!

wabi
frisky

Re: you meet some good folks here

Post by frisky »

Wabi
They are great looking. Almost to nice to get dirty....not. :D
They are a work of art.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

What a gorgeous set! That will be a family heirloom someday!

Darrell's got a heart of gold.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
spike

Post by spike »

I have met a number of fine people here and da griz is amongst them. I bought a knife from him last year, as a gift, and it was beautiful. Darryl was great to deal with and patient with someone who didn't understand much (read "anything") about making knifes. I'm hoping he comes back.

Spike
ROGER
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nice utinsels wabi, i am sad to knowed that Darrel left & that some one had such an attitude to make another on this Forum feel that way. I maybe an old fat man but i can say this whom ever felt the need to personally pm & cause such a thing to him & wants to come on down to my Rock pile & whip my a$$ here is yer invite! Bring yer Breakfast, lunch & supper cause we won't stop til one of gets a personal carne here on me place! If'en you don't think i can be one gritty old SOB bring it to my doorstep don't pm me like a coward!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

What a gorgeous set! That will be a family heirloom someday!
Roger that !~
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I've always have said that I love this forum and I deeply miss the master knife maker. Those who pushed him away know who they are. :roll:
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

vixenmaster wrote:Nice utinsels wabi, i am sad to knowed that Darrel left & that some one had such an attitude to make another on this Forum feel that way. I maybe an old fat man but i can say this whom ever felt the need to personally pm & cause such a thing to him & wants to come on down to my Rock pile & whip my a$$ here is yer invite! Bring yer Breakfast, lunch & supper cause we won't stop til one of gets a personal carne here on me place! If'en you don't think i can be one gritty old SOB bring it to my doorstep don't pm me like a coward!
Yikes!!! i'm sure the one ''WHOM'' your assuming is shaking in fer' boots right now, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

that sure is a nice set he made mike....there are a few here i wouldn't mind meeting as well, hope one will be you next year to hunt with ya in ohio if the invite is still open :oops: i couldn't make it the last two years....it looks like i should have everything settled that has been going on in my life to join you this year :wink: ....

yeah to bad the idiots here had to drive him away, i'd like to meet a few of them in person :wink: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I thought Peter banned tat4nothing....??
Last edited by Normous on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

tat4life wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Nice utinsels wabi, i am sad to knowed that Darrel left & that some one had such an attitude to make another on this Forum feel that way. I maybe an old fat man but i can say this whom ever felt the need to personally pm & cause such a thing to him & wants to come on down to my Rock pile & whip my a$$ here is yer invite! Bring yer Breakfast, lunch & supper cause we won't stop til one of gets a personal carne here on me place! If'en you don't think i can be one gritty old SOB bring it to my doorstep don't pm me like a coward!
Yikes!!! i'm sure the one ''WHOM'' your assuming is shaking in fer' boots right now, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its not me shaking in me boots, with my healt ,life is short bring it on bad boy!
Half Bubble Off BD360

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hey wabi, nice set you got! Ussually use that line only on women. LOL
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wheelie wrote:Hey wabi, nice set you got! Ussually use that line only on women. LOL
Ah another one of the pm'ers has chimed in :lol: Women ? A utinsel line ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Excuse me, pmed who? Think you got your facts wrong.
Last edited by wheelie on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en i am wrong then i apoligize, cause i took the being women like to mean you were one of them. Sorry!
Half Bubble Off BD360