Give the man a medal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Give the man a medal

Post by Raymond »

Check this story out. They should give this man a medal.
http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cops ... -bicycle-2

Raymond
wheelie

Re: Give the man a medal

Post by wheelie »

With all due respect I have to disagree. Self justice is not always a good thing as it can lead to abuse. As a cop told me, if someone is breaking into your home and you shoot him, make sure you drag him inside your house. Who knows if he was accidently knocked off his bike going up a skinny trail and he over reacted and shot them. You are going to make up a story to protect yourself. Just a though as I don't know what happened as I am sure the surviving boys have a different story as well. My opinion only

To little info there to form a solid opinion. Kids may have criminal records or not ect.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

BeerNutz1960 wrote:After reading the article it appears they were robbing him after knocking him off the bicycle. Unfortunately they picked the wrong Senior Citizen to rob. I'm not condoning killing a spam, but I wasn't there. Who knows whether they were jacked up on drugs and ready to kill for their next fix. They chose to do what they did, and the guy felt the need to protect himself. Bottom line, if they hadn't tried to rob him they'd not be in the position that they find themselves.
Exactly Beernutz1960, and my opinion is that they still should give that guy a medal. A great many young people today needs to be taught and brought up by someone else that is plain to see. Because they just have not been brought up right at all.
Raymond
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I agree, GIVE THE MAN A MEDAL!!!!! I am going to Conceal and Carry school on the 28th of Feb for just such a incident like this. I am 68 and too old to fight so will be able to defend myself if necessary. I sincerely hope I never have to take my gun out of the holster but will protect myself and my family if necessary.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Kelley wrote:I agree, GIVE THE MAN A MEDAL!!!!! I am going to Conceal and Carry school on the 28th of Feb for just such a incident like this. I am 68 and too old to fight so will be able to defend myself if necessary. I sincerely hope I never have to take my gun out of the holster but will protect myself and my family if necessary.
Kelley
Right on my friend.
Raymond
Boo

Post by Boo »

I don't know about a medal but a man's got to do what a man's got to do.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

As it appears, per the article, that the boys were assaulting the man it would be fair to judge this as a self-defence case.

However, I must dissagree with the opinons of giving the guy a medal for it. A medal in this case would be a recongnition of what exactly?

The senior citizen used his legal right (assuming of course that he had a C&C permit and owned the handgun legally of course) to defended himself, plain and simple.

To believe this event & a medal would teach any young punk out there not to commit a crime is pretty far fetched imo.
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

wheelie wrote:With all due respect I have to disagree. Self justice is not always a good thing as it can lead to abuse. As a cop told me, if someone is breaking into your home and you shoot him, make sure you drag him inside your house. Who knows if he was accidently knocked off his bike going up a skinny trail and he over reacted and shot them. You are going to make up a story to protect yourself. Just a though as I don't know what happened as I am sure the surviving boys have a different story as well. My opinion only

To little info there to form a solid opinion. Kids may have criminal records or not ect.
Check this out Wheelie, this should give you enough info. The man should have a medal. And the other to thugs should get what they deserve.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional- ... index.html

Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

CanuckBen wrote:As it appears, per the article, that the boys were assaulting the man it would be fair to judge this as a self-defence case.

However, I must dissagree with the opinons of giving the guy a medal for it. A medal in this case would be a recongnition of what exactly?

The senior citizen used his legal right (assuming of course that he had a C&C permit and owned the handgun legally of course) to defended himself, plain and simple.

To believe this event & a medal would teach any young punk out there not to commit a crime is pretty far fetched imo.
Give this guy a medal, is just a line we sometimes use to say he did what he needed to do to protect himself and he justified in protecting himself. Next time I will make my statements clearer in what I mean.
Raymond
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Liitle more info on the boys there. Yes they were just thugs.
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

wheelie wrote:As a cop told me, if someone is breaking into your home and you shoot him, make sure you drag him inside your house.

Pretty dumb cop in my opinion. Dragging a dead body into your home is most likely going to leave a trail of blood, hair, etc. showing the crime scene has been tampered with.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

May not give him a metal . . .but, I'd dang sure give him a pat on the back!!

Anyone that believes this wouldn't deter crime, then let it happen ten times on this trail and see how many criminals use the same path.

It just happened once and every old man riding a bike on that trail may as well be wearing a gun . . .no criminal is going to give them a push, that's for sure.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

A friend of mine just finished concealed carry school. The instructor told him to be prepared to pay around $70,000 in lawyers fees for the lawsuit that will ensue when you kill someone breaking in your home. Even if you're in the right and are not charged at all, a civil suit can make you pay, pay, pay. So, if you shoot someone, make sure you have some land and a backhoe and can get rid of the body!! :shock: Gary