Old Powermaster Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Old Powermaster Crossbow

Post by wheelie »

Have a few of these crossbows. Ordered a set of 125lbs limbs and shoots pretty good. Just playing around with it now. Trigger and saftey all work. Hope it don't blow up. We will see. Want to test them out and make sure they work fine for collection. Metal limbs are not safe to shoot. There was a classaction lawsuit years ago over them limbs.
taz3

Re: Old Powermaster Crossbow

Post by taz3 »

Any idea of the year? It's cool to see the evolution of things of this nature.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

About 1972. Limbs were getting brittle and folding up like prestils. Class action lawsuit and they folded up shortly after that. Here is my good ones.
derf

Post by derf »

hey wheelie, i also have some collector crossbows i have a daco scropion brand new condition never fired, and also a power master crossbow , and another daco crossbow not sure the model but a little smaller than the scorpion, and a crissbow with thumb hole stock, and 2 wolverines, it nice to compare and see the advances in techno over the years. even the difference in the 2 wolverines once you get comparing them are suttle but there are some differences. regards derf ( at tip of the bruce)
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

derf wrote:hey wheelie, i also have some collector crossbows i have a daco scropion brand new condition never fired, and also a power master crossbow , and another daco crossbow not sure the model but a little smaller than the scorpion, and a crissbow with thumb hole stock, and 2 wolverines, it nice to compare and see the advances in techno over the years. even the difference in the 2 wolverines once you get comparing them are suttle but there are some differences. regards derf ( at tip of the bruce)
Cool. I do know the Scorpion is a 150lb bow. Daco used to make limbs for Excalipur till they went broke in the early eighties. Then Excalipur started making there own limbs.
Last edited by wheelie on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yes Hank, from the sixties or early seventies. They will never get shot. I was very lucky to get them from a forum member here. I owe the person one some day. :) :)

Daco was in Newmarket, Ontario.

Looking forward to Bill T writing a history book of Excalipur.(Hint Hint). Leave the cookbook to Kathy. My next rabbit will be her wild game stew. Sounds yummy. She is listing wild game recipes on main page of website for those that don't know.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Just the arrow to cut down now. Will cut it down for my Excalipur and I can just switch handle onto Excalipur when I want to use it and I am good to go. Then more testing.

Funny that Jaguar and all the cheap xbows now days have basicly the same system to hold the one piece limbs in as they had 30 to 40 years ago. Lots of engineering in them bows. LOL

Think one day I will take it all apart and refinish everything.

Thanks again strum. I owe you one.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Time and time again, simple is the best way to go, for overall reliability and maintenance, and you can't beat it. :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Allan

Post by Allan »

Hey Derf,

Be careful with the crissbow. My brother in law had one and once while aiming at a target, the limb broke and came this close ][ to his face as it flew behind him. That said, they do have nice stocks.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

derf,

The smaller DACO crossbow is the Hornet, if memory serves me it is 120lb. but uses the same limbs as the Scorpion just a shorter pull like the Excal's.
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
derf

Post by derf »

ya the thumb hole stock is nice, as for issues shooting it had a few problems so it is strickley a wall hanger and yes that right i just couldn't put the name on the daco but thats ita 120lber. i had one when i first started bowhunting when i was fifteen, glad to get one back brings back old memories on how many deer i missed with the old girl. derf
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

About 1972. Limbs were getting brittle and folding up like pretzels.
That looks a lot like a Whammo 80# I had. I'd brought it to Cali from Illinos circa '68 or '69, rigged it for fishing out the side port doors of USS Denver, LPD-9. There was a huge safety chain across opening, a friend asked why I'd tied the parachute cord to the xbow instead of the chain. "Because that's the way it's done."

Shortly there after, I gigged a nice sized fish, it dove taking the Whammo out of my hands to a watery grave, lol.
"Eze 18:21"