A little help please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

A little help please

Post by Big John »

I am not asking for any hand outs or special help here.
However, as you know I lost my little Buddy a while back :( :( and I am home alone and on extremely boring disability, and this house is now so FREAKIN" quiet and empty!!! It's slowly driving me nuts!!!!!!!! :roll:
So I found my new little friend. She will be ready to come home on the first week of March. :D :D :D :D
I need some more cash though, and thats why I'm selling my Prized Compound Bow on the Trader Forum.
If anyone here know's anyone or wants a Left Hand, Very Fast, Extremely good condition Compound Bow please let them know my thread or email.

Thank you everyone.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
one shot scott

Re: A little help please

Post by one shot scott »

John, there must be some other way to help ya out man, I hate to see you sell off your hunting items.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big John

Post by Big John »

I hate when I cant sleep!!!!! :evil:
Back is so sore lately it's bloody annoying!!!
Anyway, Prize Bow or not, there is no extra money here to take from the household. And I am getting my New Baby!!!!!!! She is a Beauty Chocolate Lab!!!! Excellent parents and will be a Great Bird retriever!! I get more excited everyday!! :D :D The house will be normal again. 8) I will get another Bow later, but now I need to get the money and retrieve my Baby Girl!!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

John, I think you got it going. That bow can be replaced but a buddy along side you is priceless. I'm excited for you. :D
bugs

Post by bugs »

I dont have a lot right now after car repairs but I can pitch in $50 when I get paid on the 17th. I surely dont need a compound but after all you have done for me this is the least I could do. Plus I can bring Chester for a visit and liven up your house when I come to drop it off. He loves going for a ride.

To those of you that dont know John - My first week on the forum he offered to come help me learn about my bow. He gave me 4 arrows and 6 broadheads to get started, taught me how to string and wax and put on a scope which he did for me. Brought his target and helped me sight in. He came to put the scope on my next CB I got so he could be sure it was done right. He gave me 6 arrows because he made pink ones for all us gals on the forum and another 6 for getting my first turkey (this was when he still could work). He also stopped in when he got a deer my first year trying so I could see what one looked like. :lol: :lol: John is also willing to put my new custom stock on for me. I saw John the week before he had to make the decision about JD and was there 2 days later with my dog. You saw the hurt from losing his buddy and I know John needs this dog! When I lost my old Husky the house was so quiet I couldnt take it and if I had to stay home all day it would have been 10 times worse on me. John is a kind and generous man who refused any payment when I was starting out, I know he only asks because he has no choice. I say anyone who can help should do so because John has had to sell enough hunting equipment as far as I am concerned.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
bugs

Post by bugs »

& ps John will be pissed at me for saying all of that but like Aging says, I say it like it is :wink: :D
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
agingcrossbower

I'm up for a fund raiser if everyone is up to it. Something like we did for DaGriz. Give me some imput on if there is interest in this and I will organize it again. I can not add to what Bugs has said, just that John is a stand up Man and I am sure he is cornered right now otherwise he would'nt ask. I would go insane if I did not have Rocco and I can only imagine what he's going through.

lETS DO A HEAD COUNT!
Bugs
Aging

Post by wheelie »

Lets do it!
Last edited by wheelie on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I don't know John, but I've heard plenty of good things about him.
I say "Keep your bow, and let us chip in a little bit of cash to help you out!"

I'm in for a fundraiser!
wabi
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I'm in via paypal. John answered lots of questions for me when I was interested making my own arrows.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
agingcrossbower

I do not think John has a paypal account. Thinking was thinking it over and it would be better if someone in canada handled this fund raisier. John's in canada so sending it to me and then sending all back to canada makes no sense. Better to keep the funds on the canadian side of the border. Anybody volunteer for the task???
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I'll help out a member of the Excalibur Family. Let me know where to send a donation.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

The easiest method would be if John had online banking and the ability to receive Electronic Fund Transfers, or, if he had a PayPal account. If that's not the case, then perhaps someone close to him, and trustworthy, would be able to manage it.
agingcrossbower

DirtyGun wrote:The easiest method would be if John had online banking and the ability to receive Electronic Fund Transfers, or, if he had a PayPal account. If that's not the case, then perhaps someone close to him, and trustworthy, would be able to manage it.
I am pretty sure he does not have Paypal. Electronic transfer or a nearby friend would be the ticket. :wink:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

TPM & I are definitely in! We know the value of a good dog in the life a family!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.