2012 Deer Season Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

2012 Deer Season Hunting

Post by vixenmaster »

I have had some ppl kidding on the sq. of coming on my place to hunt. So those who are out of state & wish to hunt my place during Archery season. I have several stands & a ground blind. I prefer not more than 2 at a time as its hectic to get ppl in their stand in the dark of morning until they learn where the stands are. Doubtful you would get lost as its only 72.3 acres i have access to hunt. Fence on 2 sides & gravel rd on 2 sides. I haul water so thats here to use. I have a small Solar power system & DSL internet. Small campers/pop-up's or tents i have room fer. Bathroom none, we use a potty chair & compost. Its abit rough fer those who have the modern comforts. I haven't looked at Tag fees fer out of state. So i don't knowed the cost, but i will. Sept.15th til Oct. 20th, i knowed the season runs til Nov. & longer, but once Firearms opens here the deer vanish.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Re: 2012 Deer Season Hunting

Post by strum »

Thats a very kind offer there Mike..sounds like a great way to meet some of the forum folk too.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Non-resident archery any deer permit is $225 & antlerless is $25. So fer $250 you can take 2 deer One can be a legal Buck & a Doe or take 2 Doe's. I would go fer the Buck with the any deer permit. If'en Doe shows up 1st take her use yer antlerless tag
Half Bubble Off BD360

papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

VixenMaster I think I only live maybe 50 miles or less , I live west of lebanon , :wink: And i have a small camper w/potty in it w/holding tank.
If there is any way i can swing it I will take you up on that offer, :wink:
If nothing else I would like to meet you ! NO MATTER WHAT THE OTHERS SAY,
I love living on the wild side :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously I will see what comes up, if nothing else I'll just make the drive to meet ya.. :roll: :roll:

Dave :wink:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

papa bear1 wrote:VixenMaster I think I only live maybe 50 miles or less , I live west of lebanon , :wink: And i have a small camper w/potty in it w/holding tank.
If there is any way i can swing it I will take you up on that offer, :wink:
If nothing else I would like to meet you ! NO MATTER WHAT THE OTHERS SAY,
I love living on the wild side :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously I will see what comes up, if nothing else I'll just make the drive to meet ya.. :roll: :roll:

Dave :wink:
Welcome to my place, let me knowed when you want to hunt.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Sounds like we may have to have a Missouri Meet, Greet and Eat. I am a short hop from there myself.
Last edited by bigredopie on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bigredopie wrote:Sounds like we may have to have a Missouri Meet, Greet and Eat. I am a short hope from there myself.
Yer welcome, just let me knowed when.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bugs

Post by bugs »

What a nice offer :D I am sure of the guys that travel around to hunt would love to come. Me, it is likey a thing I may get to do when I retire :shock:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bugs wrote:What a nice offer :D I am sure of the guys that travel around to hunt would love to come. Me, it is likey a thing I may get to do when I retire :shock:
So how long til retirement, this summer so you can hunt this Fall ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I knowed my post said out of state hunters, but those in Mo. be welcome. papa bear1 & bigredopie y'all are in like Flint! Heck lets kill some of these Tick Toters. :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

Cyclonic

Post by Cyclonic »

Sounds great! I wish I lived closer.
Home-Brewers Drink Better Beer!
Exomax
Vapor Trail Strings
Gold Tip Laser III's
Crimson Talon
Ogden's Outdoors
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Very cool...I may have to jump on my bike when it gets warm and come shake your hand..I have plenty places to hunt but meetin good folks is few and far between..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

it could be done..i,m not but 9hrs away..sounds like a good trip sometimes just to stop and say howdy..
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

For those interested in a summer scouting trip and a little "river floating" on the Current river, I would be happy to arrange a something in the Van Buren area. Remember Missouri is the "Show Me" state and there is nothing quite like a leisurely float down a river with a cooler of your favorite beverages to get to know someone.

For those just interested in the hunting aspect I can show you how to access thousands of acres that are open for hunting in Carter, Ripley and Reynolds counties(most is privately held but there is a lot of conservation land here as well). Missouri has a cool google earth overlay that shows you all of the state conservation areas along with links to maps and regulations. Here is the link for those interested:
http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/place ... ogle-earth

One thing to remember about Missouri is that the state is not as enlightened as some of our neighbors when it comes to the use of crossbows for archery seasons. They require a special disability permit which must be filled out by your dr and sent into the state(make sure you keep the bottom portion as they will not sent anything back to you unless you are denied). The permit is then good for up to 5 yrs.

The permit is here:
http://mdc.mo.gov/sites/default/files/r ... 5561_0.pdf

On the positive side a fall archery season permit runs from Sept 15 to Jan 15 and is good for 2 deer and 2 turkeys ($19 resident or $225 non-resident).

For those interested in more info about MO hunting the website is here:
http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bigredopie is correct & my non thinking about having to have the Dr.'s slip. I am so used to hunting my place & i do have my Disabled permit. I forget about others. There's nothing stoppen anyone from coming during the Firearms season & hunting wid CB or whatever, it doesn't bother me none.
Half Bubble Off BD360