Claws x 2?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onebigskittle

Re: Claws x 2?

Post by onebigskittle »

Good idea Hank but i think the coffee is talking :lol:
What about a bouble barrel crossbow slinging two arrows at one time? Im drinking coffee to :wink:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

This has been gone at from a few diff directions over the years. A string loop way long was one of mine, but I was willing to change strings to get Vixen performance out of an Emax.

Didn't get far w/ it. You'll never see Excal or prob any other co rig something like what you describe up 'cause it would cost them sales of the lesser powered bows.

Look at the T-hole vs pistol grip models. Bill T was no dummy, he wanted to sell more xbows, not more stocks, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I don't think a longer string is the answer, the xbow will throw one w/ too low of a bheight as is.

My idea was to get one made up w/ a wide extra loop woven in so when it was latched on say an Emax, the original string would only be drawn to a vixen bheight.

Loop to claws, original factory Excel a bit farther away from claws, arrow nocked to it.

hopefully, the arrow would still be under the end of the hold down arm.

The two problems friends and I discussed was [1] rope cocker hooks would have to fit in loop addition, [2] loop addition would want to slide together on original string.

keep in mind, what we were after involved a string change to go to lower stroke bow, not a universal shoot what when you want w/ same goofy string..

We never did get to build/test stage, lol.
O===--------------(-----===----)--------------===0
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(-----====-----)

Connect left ('s then right )'s x's=filler
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Problem with the double catch design is the trigger case would have to be another 2 inches longer . More weight and more machining . More cost .
I like the gatling gun idea . Maybe Son of a Gun show will figure that one out . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

You could do like i did Hank and buy you a vixen....... :mrgreen: 8)
A woman must have more than one purse...a man must have more than one excal, at least that's the excuse i used!!! :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wayne

Post by wayne »

How about......Keep in mind, I've been up fer to long & need a nap....But...A Excal with different poundage limbs & a scope with poundage adjustable ring, like the speed ring, it so ez to change limbs on a excal, ya can put on a set of lower pound limbs & turn a poundage ring & hunt small game with the same bow. There alot of take down vert bow recurve companies selling alot of limbs that way now. For excal's maybe something like at 50 or 100 pounds & go up every 25 pounds or so, I would love to have a excal in every poundage, but I just can't afford it, but 3 or 4 sets of limbs I might......I don't know...Just my 2 cents.

After thought......I know the models use the same limbs, just different lenght of draw...& it would be costly for them to have all those limbs.....So how about just one set maybe around 75 or 100 pounds....call them small games limbs or something.....I don't know, like I said I've been up to long :wink:
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Why not just get an Apex? :?

The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
J.J.K

Post by J.J.K »

What you are looking for is already being done by another crossbow co.
their riser and limbs slide to three positions on the rail giving you 180lb.,
125lb., or 90lb.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

J.J.K wrote:What you are looking for is already being done by another crossbow co.
their riser and limbs slide to three positions on the rail giving you 180lb.,
125lb., or 90lb.
It's also been done by this company. What's being discussed are cheap ways out, lol.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Big58cal wrote:Why not just get an Apex? :?

I was thinking about that.....But at $500.00 (+) customizing was getting alittle scared, did alittle customizing on the vortex. Was thinking of using the same vortex that feels good in the hands, & just bolting on a weaker set of limbs :D
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

If you shortened the string which would raise the brace height which would limit the limb travel would that compute to lower FPS? I dunno, fun to think about tho :P
Hoagy
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Another company has a crossbow that the bow slides down the rail and locks in three different places along the rail. Think it is a much better idea. Seen it on this forum awhile back. Only problem is you would have to set scope every time you change it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Xbowkiller wrote: Only problem is you would have to set scope every time you change it.
Another opportunity! A scope with crosshairs to accomodate! 8)

I like the idea Hank
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wayne wrote:How about......Keep in mind, I've been up fer to long & need a nap....But...A Excal with different poundage limbs & a scope with poundage adjustable ring, like the speed ring, it so ez to change limbs on a excal, ya can put on a set of lower pound limbs & turn a poundage ring & hunt small game with the same bow. There alot of take down vert bow recurve companies selling alot of limbs that way now. For excal's maybe something like at 50 or 100 pounds & go up every 25 pounds or so, I would love to have a excal in every poundage, but I just can't afford it, but 3 or 4 sets of limbs I might......I don't know...Just my 2 cents.

After thought......I know the models use the same limbs, just different lenght of draw...& it would be costly for them to have all those limbs.....So how about just one set maybe around 75 or 100 pounds....call them small games limbs or something.....I don't know, like I said I've been up to long :wink:
An Excal. expert may have to answer this, but at one time at least, didnt Excal. make "light limbs"? It seems as tho I seen reference to them on the forum.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

hankenhunter wrote:Thanks for all the replies! I'm now thinkin the best way to go would be a set of lighter limbs. I am going to check and se if the pixel or apex limbs will fit my bow, or if my "beast is to long in the barrel. either way I will figure it out and post pics or ask more advice depending how my search goes. Again thanks for all the replies. :D
Hank
2392 “Lightning” & Carved Tip Limbs Only [Pair] $91.35

http://www.gandkarchery.com/
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"