SOC Big Buck and Bull Day Mar.3

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucknduck

SOC Big Buck and Bull Day Mar.3

Post by bucknduck »

Southwest Outdoors Club: Annual Big Buck and Bull Day

Southwest Outdoors Club from Wheatley a non-profit organization dedicated to the environment, conservation and our outdoor heritage which includes hunting and fishing. Will be holding it 7th annual Big Buck and Bull Day on March 3rd 2012 at the Tilbury Arena(Ryder Hall). The event will have the organization FROW (For the Recognition of Ontario Wildlife) on hand to score Whitetail Deer and Moose antlers also scoring of Black Bear, Wild Turkey and Whitetail sheds that will be brought to the show. This scoring or measuring has been done by biologists all over North America.
Do You Have “Game” to Brag About?
by Dean Ware

The Southwest Outdoors Club is presenting its 7th annual Big Buck and Bull Day Saturday, March 3rd. It is an event not to be missed as last year’s inaugural five-hour show was a huge success with attendance of over six hundred outdoor enthusiasts. There was an estimated one hundred Deer racks and approximately twenty Moose racks entered in the show for scoring and the number 3 Black Bear from Ontario was scored and believe it or not it was harvested by a thirteen year old girl!
This year the event will take place in the venue of the Tilbury Arena and the show time has been extended from 11am-6pm. The admission fee is five dollars. The trophies and prizes for all time and will be presented for Typical Whitetail, Non-Typical Whitetail, Moose, Whitetail Sheds, Black Bear and Wild Turkey. The members of FROW, the Foundation for Recognition of Ontario Wildlife, will conduct the scoring. At last year’s event, FROW presented a score that ended up being a Non-Typical Ontario record.
The guest speakers include: Award winning outdoor communicator and host of Hunt Talk, Ripple Outdoors Peter Wood. The Beasley Brothers co-hosts of the TV show Canada in the Rough. Back by popular demand country recording artist Randall Haley from Tennessee.
Last but not least we have a sponsored Kids Trout Pond - kids fish for free! Kids Archery and safety education.
The Southwest Outdoors Club is quite new to the outdoor community that extends throughout Ontario. It was created by a group of citizens, which shared concerns for environment, conservation and our outdoor heritage that includes hunting and fishing. The club now boosts a membership of two hundred and sixty since 2003. The club was founded in 2003 with the help of Spyros Chyrsochou of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. The Southwest Outdoors Club is involved in several community endeavors that include; SOC’s Kids Fishing Day that attracts up to five hundred young anglers to the Wheatley Harbour, the Big Boyz Fishing Tournament that attracts five hundred anglers to Wheatley July to August for World Class Rainbow Trout Fishing, the Wild Turkey re-introduction in the Wheatley area- One can see the Wild Turkeys at Point Pelee on any given day, and a ongoing Wood Duck Box Program with the Wheatley Scouts.
If you are interested in attending the Big Buck and Bull Day or if you have racks to show off, please visit www.swoc.ca for further details or look us up on facebook.
j.krug

Re: SOC Big Buck and Bull Day Mar.3

Post by j.krug »

Looking forward to the show. I'll be there early afternoon for a couple hours to check things out. Had a great time there last year.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Looking forward to meeting a few members Saturday in Tilbury and get to trade hunting stories too !

oneshot..............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I plan on attending the show early , hope to me a few of the members there ---- Son and daughter are home from school so time is at a premium . Brian do they serve any beer there ??

Want to meet you Mr . J . krug as well . I will be the 6' grey haired old guy . :wink:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Farmer wrote:I plan on attending the show early , hope to me a few of the members there ---- Son and daughter are home from school so time is at a premium . Brian do they serve any beer there ??

Want to meet you Mr . J . krug as well . I will be the 6' grey haired old guy . :wink:
Look forward to meeting you too. I be the big guy with a shaved head and goatee wearing a camo shirt, Excal hat and shorts. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Farmer - YES beer is available !

At the last meeting we discussed brands -- got out voted ; going to be cold for sure !!!!!!!!!

oneshot.............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

i work till noon, hoping to make it out after that
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'll be there around 12:30 guys. I'll have on a camo Excalibur hat, brown hoody with Rocky on the front in camo and blue denim shorts. If you see me come on over and say hello. Looking forward to meeting you guys. :)

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Made it to the show saw Oneshot speaking to a group of fellas and never seen him again . I was the only guy there with a blaze orange hoodie on .
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Farmer wrote:Made it to the show saw Oneshot speaking to a group of fellas and never seen him again . I was the only guy there with a blaze orange hoodie on .
Well you must have been easy to spot!! :lol: I must have left before you got there, I think it was just before 3 when I left. I did meet oneshot and his son and we had a nice little chat. Sorry I missed you.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

I met J krug quickly, you were with One shot, but i had to run, I ended up winning a knife at the door prize, Turned out to be a decent show. and pretty busy there!
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.