Excalibur Wolverine??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bones

Excalibur Wolverine??

Post by Bones »

Have a question to throw out there. A friend just dropped of an older excal I think it is a wood stocked wolverine? It has no markings at all on it, grey brown camo job, carved tip limbs and a very flat front on the stock portion, sort of look's like a 2x4 hanging under the rail. Doe's this description do any justice or sound like a wolverine? Bean along time since I've seen one of these and can't remember what they looked liked. Have tried doing pictures in the past with no luck. Any idea is great!
Thank's Bones
papa bear1

Re: Excalibur Wolverine??

Post by papa bear1 »

Help will more than likely find you, and help you learn to post pics.
be patient,

Dave :wink:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Does it have a metal or wooden deck? If you look at oneshotscott's avatar you'll see a Relayer. The Relayer has a one piece limb and wooden deck. The Wolverine has a metal capped deck, cast aluminum riser and a 2 piece limb.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

There's the avatar :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bones

Post by Bones »

well according to Boo's comment it is certainly a wolverine, it looks nothing like oneshot's avatar. It is 150 pounds right? Thank's Boo /oneshot
bugs

Post by bugs »

I understood they are 150 lb and made of Walnut I believe from what I was told by other memebrs. Here is a pic of my old Wolverine Image
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hey Bugs, when you shoot them side by side with the same arrow are they the same speed?
My wolverine smoked my 2008 Vixen (first year after downsizing rail one inch) when I had them. It was noticable big time yet everyone tried to tell me they were the same speed. UP untill I got a pm from someone explaining why they were different.
Was like pulling teeth to get answers.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Bugs Oh and by the way, your Cozy wall heater cover is on crooked! LOL
bugs

Post by bugs »

wheelie wrote:Bugs Oh and by the way, your Cozy wall heater cover is on crooked! LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: You sure know your heaters! That is my only option for heat other than my woodstove. Everything in my house is crooked, the house was built in 1862 and there is no basement. The spam floor has about a 4 inch slope and even my stove and fridge are shimmed Lol! I love the house though and the fact I have no close neighbours but can still be on a well plowed main road.

& Yes my Wolverine and Vixen both shoot the same arrows at the same speed so I guess that confirms it must be 150 lb. See I am learning :D
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Those pretty arrows look out of place with that plain looking stock Bugs. :D
bugs

Post by bugs »

agingcrossbower wrote:Those pretty arrows look out of place with that plain looking stock Bugs. :D
Not for long, just waiting to hear back from John and we will have new pictures of the Vixen :D
peter p

Post by peter p »

bugs wrote:I understood they are 150 lb and made of Walnut I believe from what I was told by other memebrs. Here is a pic of my old Wolverine Image
I think the Wolverine stock is made from Maple if I remember correctly.