Thumb hole stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Chief

Thumb hole stock

Post by The Chief »

I have a Phoenix which I really love and it has done everything I have asked it to do but I really wish I got the Thumb hole stock. Is there a way I can have a thumb hole put into mine or a place where I can buy the same camo pattern thumb hole stock?
agingcrossbower

Re: Thumb hole stock

Post by agingcrossbower »

Can always make a custom stock for you. Let me know. Or, you can try your hand with a custom starter blank. :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Easiest solution is to sell the Phoenix and buy an Ibex. The swap would involve buying a trigger and stock, then some mysterious machine work, as the two diff stocks don't match up to the rail.

Excals have a high resale value.

"north east" is not enough info to direct you to sources, which side of the border are you on?
"Eze 18:21"
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Or you could call Dan miller@ (740)483-2312. He is a great guy and will help you out.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

It does involve some welding & drilling 2 new trigger housing holes & tapping them. If'en you have a Tig or Mig welder you gotstid made cept fer buying the parts! Easiest is as Awshucks said sell n buy!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

Thanks folks but I guess I'll just stick with what I have and leave well enough alone.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

LOVE the TH on my Vortex and wish my Phoenix had one too BUT much as I like the TH, this particular Phoenix has a trigger to die for and is the most maintenance free bow of the 5 I've owned. It's not going anywhere I'm not. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have a ten point titan with a th. also an exomax that does not.When I am shooting I never really think of it..
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
Boo

Post by Boo »

It's really quite easy. Drill and tap a hole for the stock and hog out some metal on the bottom of the rail in front of the trigger. It took me about 45 minutes, a drill, drill bits, taps and a dremel (I used a milling bit on a drill press). Call Danny Miller for the parts you need and Bob's your uncle! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes