Arizona ezfletch bolt and luminoc questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jcollins0001

Arizona ezfletch bolt and luminoc questions

Post by jcollins0001 »

Fletched my first bolt with the ezbolt tool.
I fletched the bolt with the nock out
After fletching and installing nock the distance from nock to vane is 1 1/2 inches.
My question is that okay? The stock firebolt that came with my xbow measures 1 inch. What are your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Jeff
awshucks

Re: Arizona ezfletch bolt and luminoc questions

Post by awshucks »

Not familiar w/ lighted nocks, but would guess you are ok. You can always shoot one and see?
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can get the vanes closer to the end by dropping something that fits into fletching tool before you put your arrow shaft in. You can use a piece of arrow saft, a cut off pencil eraser or 2 or a piece of pencil.
Like everything else you do to your bow, shoot it and see if it works if you need more guidance then move the fletchings back. Do not assume that if your set up flies well with a field point it will fly as well with a broadhead.
If you intend to shoot the Luminoc arrows with your refletched ones as a group then match them up.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

jcollins0001 wrote:Fletched my first bolt with the ezbolt tool.
I fletched the bolt with the nock out
After fletching and installing nock the distance from nock to vane is 1 1/2 inches.
My question is that okay? The stock firebolt that came with my xbow measures 1 inch. What are your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Jeff
With my AZ-EZ fletch that if I fletch an arrow without a nock it will not seat consistently in the bottom of the fletching tool.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I do it all the time. You need to release the tool slowly as possible with the arrow pointing straight up. I have had zero issues when doing this and get consistent vane position from arrow to arrow.

As for the 1 1/2", you are more than likely going to be fine, but as Boo said, the only way to know is shoot and see.
In the Wind.......
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

See4miles wrote:I do it all the time. You need to release the tool slowly as possible with the arrow pointing straight up. I have had zero issues when doing this and get consistent vane position from arrow to arrow.

As for the 1 1/2", you are more than likely going to be fine, but as Boo said, the only way to know is shoot and see.
I have had a problem w/ super glues setting so fast I couldn't get the cap that aligns the arms on quick enough. Solved that w/ gel glues.

Not knowing much about luminocks, I'm having a hard time understanding the problems stated by OP. It would seem to me one could use a regular alum nock to fletch and then just pull it out?

I base these thoughts on all the folks that add luminocks to factory fletched w/ no problems.
"Eze 18:21"
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I use Gel Glue as well. You do get the time you need for getting the cap on. LOL.....
In the Wind.......