between season stringing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

varieurry

between season stringing

Post by varieurry »

I'd like to know if one takes off the string in between seasons, or do you leave it on and taught.
Normous

Re: between season stringing

Post by Normous »

Your choice, either will make no difference. If your Excalibur has DB bars then remove them before unstringing or else they compress and become unusable. I have never taken my strings off since owning my first Excalibur in 1991.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dash

Post by Dash »

I don't take my strings off only because I shoot all year round. There's been no issues with the bows.
But If I was going to pass months without shooting I'd probably destring them and give the limbs a rest.
varieurry

Post by varieurry »

Thanks guys, I spend the winter in the Sunny South and needed to know. I guess I will be destringing.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I've read enough about this topic on a few threads now that I do not think I will ever take mine off. I mean it comes with the string on it, and who knows how long it sat in the store with the string on, and now it its in my basement with the string on since November so theres a good chance it already been on for a year. The only thing I read where people were taking them off was when it was very hot where they stored they bow.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
varieurry

Post by varieurry »

Or maybe not! Thanks to all
wabi

Post by wabi »

I take my string off during the summer because I don't have air conditioning. Sometimes temps hit over 100º F where it's stored.

As mentioned, be sure to remove the pads on the DBs before unstringing for storage.
wabi