String/serving waxing?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

budman

String/serving waxing?

Post by budman »

Just got my first Excalibur, a Vortex. Awesome piece of equipment! Can't wait to try it out. Many thanks to all of you for your post's, I learned a tremendous amount about the bow prior to receiving it; Doe Master, your tip for installing the cheek piece was spot on.
I have some questions concerning string/serving waxing. I purchased the Varizone Right Stuff package which included Excalibur's serving wax. I have read a number of posts which recommend not waxing the serving; should I or should I not use this product on the serving? What about the rest of the string? I always kept my vertical bow's string well waxed with bees wax. What products do you recommend?
Normous

Re: String/serving waxing?

Post by Normous »

Daltons wax is popular here. A little bit goes a long way and importantly if you hunt it is scent free.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hi Budman, you can use the rest of your beeswax up to protect the string with no problems, but better to use another product on the center serving. Beeswax used on the serving will build up on the rail area causing friction spots that can give you inconsistant shots. Daltons won't build up, and excal wax is pretty good too for serving. Wiping the rail with some silicon spray on a rag from time to time will keep the rail clean and free from any wax build up.
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Welcome to the forum Budman, Congrats on your new Excalibur! I use the Excal serving wax sparingly. So far so good.
Enjoy, Hoagy
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
Dalton's for me to...i use it sparingly on the serving.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
budman

Post by budman »

I have ordered some Daltons wax, but want to be sure I'm applying it correctly.
Does it go over the string and entire serving area including the loops? I ask this because I had the serving loosen on my previous low end crossbow. Thanks, Budman
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I wax my entire string,loops included about every hundred shots, serving around twenty five or so...use it sparingly & rub it in good...a little goes a long way! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"