Trophy Cam 2010

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Trophy Cam 2010

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I have a 2010 Trophy Cam and was thinking of putting the camera back out in the woods on my property this year again but in a different hidden location. I put brand new batteries in the camera and made all the setting changes but the camera just continues taking photos of nothing. I changed the batteries and it still does the same thing. I turned it towards a wall and there is no motion to set it off but it continues to take photos of the wall. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on with this Trophy Cam. I sent my son in the woods where my other camera was all winter. Some dirty no good thief stole my other camera that I left in the woods last fall on my property. I had a bear box bolted with 3" lag bolts and the camera was locked in the box. They cut the dang tree down and took out the block where the box was bolted to the tree. I have an idea of who may have it and when I am feeling better I am going to take a walk about. If I find it, someone will end up talking to the cops. Most likely that piece off trash has sold it for drugs. He lives in a camper trailer just down the road next to me, no power, no washroom facilities and he will be getting some visits from Department of the Environment because he is dumping all his human waste and garbage on the ground and the Municipal Building By-Law Officer. I am sure it is him because as soon as he put that camper trailer there things have been going missing in the community. I have had it, steal from me and he is looking for trouble. My son told me that he seen his three wheeler tracks come right where my camera was. He also had the nerve to cut a three wheeler path going right to my homemade tower stand. My son checked that and the plywood covering the windows for the winter was yanked off and entry was made into my tower stand and a few other minor items are missing. Now I am upset, I do not bother anybody else but now there will be other authorities dealing with him. Hopefully some knows what is going on with my other camera.
Thanks,
Raymond
Bullzeye

Re: Trophy Cam 2010

Post by Bullzeye »

I have a 2009 5mp model and it works great, but from what I have learned it all went to hell with the 2010 models with lots of people having the same problems. Is yours the 8 mp version ????

You could try using a different brand of memory card, the one you are using may be having compatibility issues, or maybe just needs to be formatted. I find "SanDisk" brand works well.

If your cam is a 5mp version like mine, make sure your memory card is NOT bigger than 2 GB.

What is your PIR setting set at ??? It should be on "low" when cold, and set on "high" when its hot"

If all else fails contact Bushnell, I believe the warranty on Bushnell cams is 2 years, plus they know this is a known issue so I think they will fix you up with a new one, just do not expect to get a new one quickly, from what I have heard they take a looooong time on warranty issues, so do it NOW so you have a chance to have it back(or a new one) before hunting season.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Bullzeye,
The camera that was stolen was a 2009 5 Mp Camera, that one worked like a charm. The 2010 8 Mp Camera is the one that I am having trouble with. Even before it started screwing up completely it would take pictures that were completely white and often photos with nothing in the photo and there was nothing to set the camera off either. So I guess I have a piece of junk.

Do you know what they did for the other people who had these troubles with the 2010 8 Mp Cameras?

Thanks,
Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think you can do an online update on them ray, although I have not done one yet myself. Check out their web page.

-Edited for spelling
Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Scott is correct, maybe an update can fix your problem, if not send it back to Bushnell like so many people already have. You have to include $10 ( or at least it used to be $10) for the return postage along with your trail cam and a note detailing what the problem is.
If the update does not work, mail it asap because from what I have been hearing the last few years Bushnell takes forever to get things back to you. Its sad because they used to have fantastic warranty service.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks guys I will try that first before sending it in.
Raymond
wabi

Post by wabi »

A friend of mine bought one last year and it filled a memory card (not sure, but think it was only about 250MB) in 3 nights. I changed the settings to what I use on mine - low PIR sensitivity - 3 minute delay between pics - 2 pics/trigger - and it worked fine after that.

I use a 2GB card in mine and use lithium batteries. I get a full season out of a set of batteries and have never come close to filling a memory card checking it even at one week intervals.

Just be sure there are no weeds or brush close in front of it that can blow in the wind & trigger it. :wink:
wabi
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

wabi wrote:A friend of mine bought one last year and it filled a memory card (not sure, but think it was only about 250MB) in 3 nights. I changed the settings to what I use on mine - low PIR sensitivity - 3 minute delay between pics - 2 pics/trigger - and it worked fine after that.

I use a 2GB card in mine and use lithium batteries. I get a full season out of a set of batteries and have never come close to filling a memory card checking it even at one week intervals.

Just be sure there are no weeds or brush close in front of it that can blow in the wind & trigger it. :wink:
I have tried all kinds of setting and changes and it doesn't matter it does the same thing. Even in the house where there is no movement it still continues to take pictures. I talked to the service department at Bushnell and they said it was the trigger mechanism and it would have to be sent in for warranty service.
Thanks,
Raymond
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

send it back in to bushnell...one major problem is the runaway triggers on them...i had one with the same problem..only mine was brand new out of the package...i never sent 10 bucks either for ship return ...
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

warningshot wrote:send it back in to bushnell...one major problem is the runaway triggers on them...i had one with the same problem..only mine was brand new out of the package...i never sent 10 bucks either for ship return ...
I had a 2009 model that worked like a charm and some dirty scoundrel stole it last fall. The 2010 model after a year and a half started taking pictures without any movement. It would fill up a 16Mb card and continue until the batteries were dead. I had the 2010 model in the house because it was not working right. I wish they would have stole this one instead of my 2009 model. After they fixed it, does it work okay, any totally blank white pictures with your 2010 model? It took a few of those at the beginning also.
Thank you,
Raymond

Edited: Did it take you very long to get it back?
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i have the 2009 and it had been back to bushnell and works great but slows down in the real cold .. my 2010 i set up and was doing some plot work and saw some deer go near the cam so i went to check it and it had 495 pics and 2 of them were deer in about an hour ...i had the cams set on the same tree on the same mineral lick for years so no branches or anything was triggering it...i mailed it in and it took 2 days to get there and it took about 6 weeks to get it fixed ..as before on both cams i never sent them 10 bucks for shipping ...i refuse to pay that i ended up a brand new camera so it worked fine but still slows down in the cold...hope this helps
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I liked my 2009 the best, never had any problems with it and would like to be able to prove who took it. Trouble started around here when this younger guy moved in not far from me. The tree was cut down and the block that had my Trophy Cam Box lag bolted to the tree with the 2009 Trophy Cam in the Box was cut out and taken.
Raymond
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i had a simular situation ...set up a decoy camera in the open and had a well hid camera aimed on it and caught the guy up to no good...now my cams are in miserable spots and i have camo'd them up as well....i really hate thieves
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Thanks for the update ! Thought it was the junk draw for my camera too; but Scott is right; update is available!

When using my camera 2000 pictures was a good day - NOT - we cut every plant , branch or blade of grass around it to no avail.

Can't wait to update then set it up to capture photos of our new raccoon infestation !

oneshot.....
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

OneShot wrote:Thanks for the update ! Thought it was the junk draw for my camera too; but Scott is right; update is available!

When using my camera 2000 pictures was a good day - NOT - we cut every plant , branch or blade of grass around it to no avail.

Can't wait to update then set it up to capture photos of our new raccoon infestation !

oneshot.....
I tried the update and it still takes pictures while the camera is turned toward a wall and there is no motion to trigger it. I have to send mine in.
Thanks,
Raymond