I need some help please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

I need some help please

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,

I am looking to trade my 2009 fully Camo Excalibur Equinox for a 2009 fully Camo Excalibur Exomax because I have always liked the way the traditional stock fit for me where I was tall. When I bought the Equinox I thought I would be happy with the thumbhole stock but it is not for me. I still like the Traditional stock. I have it listed in the Trading Post also.

A guy asked if I would think about selling it but I really do not know what a fair price would be, maybe someone can help me out, please. It is in great shape, the camo is worn a little which is normal where the cocking rope goes in the grove beneath the safety. I use the Crank Cocking Aid now so I can shoot my crossbow again. It hasn't been fired anymore than 200 times for sure.

It has all these items as listed:
2009 Excalibur Equinox Crossbow with Lumi-Zone Scope, Camo Scope Cover,
Blizzard Flip-Up Scope Covers, Quiver & Cheek Piece, Cocking Rope,
4 Excalibur FireBolt Carbon Arrows, Crossbow Stringer, Serving Wax, Excel String

These were added after:
1 extra Excalibur Arrow Quiver, with all mounting hardware
Quick Detachable Quiver Mount
Excalibur Butt X-Tender
Excalibur Padded Crossbow Sling
Excalibur Deluxe T-Form Padded Case (It is just like new, used once or twice)
Excalibur T-Handle Arrow Puller

I know that there is a great deal of you that could help me determine a fair price for my crossbow setup so this is why I am posting it here also to ask for your help.Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Raymond
one shot scott

Re: I need some help please

Post by one shot scott »

These bows hold their value ray. I wont be so bold as to throw ya a #, but lower the price just enough to make it worth-while. In a lot of cases just saving the taxes from buying new will attract a buyer, just be sure to put that in your add. You have alot of accessories that come with it, hopefully you can find someone who just wants to trade.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks for your advice Neil, I will try that. Probably be easier to sell the whole thing than to try and find a trade.
Thanks,
Raymond
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Raymond,

Out of curiosity, are there any reasons as to why you want to sell all of the accessories that you'd be able to use in with your future Exomax?

Things like:
- Quiver & Mount
- Padded sling
- T-handle puller

It makes for an attractive package, but also makes it more $$. Unless you've got two of all of the above already, then ignore all of what I just said!!
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

If I sell then I might as well buy a new sling also, that is what I am thinking.
Thanks,
Raymond
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Raymond, unless you're thinking of getting rid of your Equinox and not replacing it, it makes more sense to just sell the bare bow. Just think how much it would cost you to replace all those accessories, especially since you'd have to add the HST to the price. As far as a fair price, that depends on the buyer.

Below is a link showing retail prices for brand new Equinoxs, which should give you an idea of what you can expect to sell yours for.

http://www.thefind.com/sports/browse-ex ... x-crossbow
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Raymond:
You may not like this but, this is the way I would do it.

Sell the bare bow and keep all the accessories.
Buy a bare bow and you are good to go.
The accessories are not old enough to warrant replacing.

You should be able to make the switch with very little value lost.

http://www.crossbows2u.com/product/EXOM ... usion.html

Good luck with it.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I have decide to keep my Equinox. Once I shoot my Equinox as much as I shot my Phoenix, I will become more comfortable with the thumbhole stock also. I do thank you all for your great advice and I appreciated all your help.
Thank you,
Raymond
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Not trying to influence your decision Ray, but to me, a thumbhole stock just feels more natural, since you're holding your hand/wrist straight. With a traditional stock, you have to cant your wrist forward.

Don't get me wrong, of all of the long guns I have, only 2 have pistol grip/thumbhole stocks. The rest have traditional stocks. I love the curves and lines of the traditional stocks. I only have the one crossbow, the Equinox, but I'm glad I made the decision to get the thumbhole stock on it. :wink:

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.