NAP FOC 170 gr broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bartbouse

NAP FOC 170 gr broadhead

Post by bartbouse »

We were having bad luck with boltcutters and x-acts on turkey. Tried the NAP FOC 170gr crossbow broadhead. Four shots, four turkeys. Accuracy is good and maximum damage. I love Excaliburs broadheads for deer but these are a major improvement for turkey.
Big58cal

Re: NAP FOC 170 gr broadhead

Post by Big58cal »

Yep, I'd say you put a 3" hole in anything and it's going to go down. :shock: The extra weight should also help eliminate the need for the brass inserts and make it easier to get a higher FOC on "stock" arrows.

Did you notice any issues with them opening/not opening?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I have a great need to try these out. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

i shoot them also they are good broadheads no opening issues
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

They sure look like they would take the wind out of an animal in a hurry . Wound channel is enormous .
Chrisyoung_af

Post by Chrisyoung_af »

NAPs FOC Broad-heads do open in flight. Brand new out of the package the first shot was great...the second shot the blades opened mid-flight on two broad-heads. One arrow destroyed when it hit a tree beyond target another lost in a wooded area. I dare not shoot the third broad-head. Buyers beware. :shock:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have used these on turkeys and like them , they fly good out of a 355 with feathers and vanes. some folks like me have to see how things work and try it to see how big they open . that's what I did and the read the instructions :roll: UPSS. don't open more than 4 times this will cause the to open in flight. they really work . yes the make a 3" cut. :roll: :D :D
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

hey Aging , what turkey zone are you in. we are in Door county zone 2 :roll:
madhatterbs

Post by madhatterbs »

I used these broadheads a couple of years ago on a bear. What a blood trail! the wound was four fingers wide on entry and exit. the bear went maybe 15-20 yards. there was so much blood on the bait site that the outfitter closed down the site and pulled the treestand . i have 2 more packs ordered and i hope to try them on a deer this fall since NY made crossbow legal again !
Normous

Post by Normous »

Chrisyoung_af wrote:NAPs FOC Broad-heads do open in flight. Brand new out of the package the first shot was great...the second shot the blades opened mid-flight on two broad-heads. One arrow destroyed when it hit a tree beyond target another lost in a wooded area. I dare not shoot the third broad-head. Buyers beware. :shock:
I paper tested the FOC out of my 380 and a 405 and experienced no premature opening.
Good advice was given by W.Miguire who suggested not opening and closing them while fantasizing about deer hunting because the clips may wear out premature. And yes, the FOC leaves great big holes.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family