Thinking of .....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

Thinking of .....

Post by DaGriz »

a knife giveaway.
Got a few issues though.
First one , What kind of knife should I make to give away that somebody would like, while not breaking the bank to make it?
Second one, How do I set this up so it would be fun and interesting?
Last one, How can I do it fairly for those who are always here, providing worthwhile contribution to the forum, without creating a shiete storm???????

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
one shot scott

Re: Thinking of .....

Post by one shot scott »

Darrel. my answers to your questions would be this, for #1: Anything you make is a labour of love and is a masterpeice. There is no "bad" knife from grizz. Dont put yourself in a bad financial situation to do this.

answer to #2. lots of fun, fair ways to do it. Let the imagination run wild. i like posting names on a spinning wheel and taking a shot with the excal. arrow on that name wins. Videotape it to avoid arguments.

#3) make a minimum post count or join date.

Thats my opinion. I would not join in any contest since i already own a knife made by you.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

one shot scott wrote:Darrel. my answers to your questions would be this, for #1: Anything you make is a labour of love and is a masterpeice. There is no "bad" knife from grizz. Dont put yourself in a bad financial situation to do this.

answer to #2. lots of fun, fair ways to do it. Let the imagination run wild. i like posting names on a spinning wheel and taking a shot with the excal. arrow on that name wins. Videotape it to avoid arguments.

#3) make a minimum post count or join date.

Thats my opinion. I would not join in any contest since i already own a knife made by you.
Pretty much spot on. #3 On this one a member can option out if he has a knife to give others a chance. I have one and I opt out. Will be a very lucky winner.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

aging, I agree.
I would second the thought of a minimum post count.
I think join date as not so relevent.
Forums like ours enjoy success through selfless contribution.
The one post wonders have not contributed anything.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Pick a minimum post count if you like and ask all to enter, then count all the entries (lets say 33) and pick a number from 1-33 and the winner gets the knife.

As for knife type, I wouldn't worry, sometimes simple is best! :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
tman74

Post by tman74 »

This may sound a little silly but how about a bird and trout knife? Would be unique...
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

tman74 wrote:This may sound a little silly but how about a bird and trout knife? Would be unique...
Crow and Carp knife would be good. :wink: :wink: Same knife for birds and fish? Didn't know that. Have to try my fish knife on a bird in the fall.

VixChix likes to pick winners DaGriz. She would likely help u out.
strum

Post by strum »

i think you should give it to the first guy to kill 3 turks this season :roll:
just kidding i agree that guys (like me) who have already won such a fine item should stay out..and the post count is a valid point.
discaimer i wasnt braggin just funnin :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Strum you should be strutting yo stuff after 3 Turkeys :wink:

Griz a drop point is always sweet
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Home crafted knife :o this give away idea is just getting better and better, I'm loving this site more and more :D Good on you Griz !! I will be keeping my eye open for your thread on this give away, or will you be using this thread??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

#1 . . .any knife you do will be loved
#2 . . .start a thread, have people that meet certain post requirements and/or join date, to post to the thread, a predetermined post # would win the knife . . .kind of like the 100th customer through the door . . .just make it a random number and share that number with another member before the thread begins
#3 . . .most, if not all, of the main contributors here do not need nor want another knife . . .I'd give it to a newbie or a young hunter . . .give them another reason to fall in love with hunting and the outdoors.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

knife suggestion for deer I find something with a blade less than 3" is perfect

your choice on elagibility

picking a winner there are sites that you can use to enter #'s and it will draw a # for you
Tenpoint Matrix
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Make a throwing knife to throw at a board of numbers! That is how you pick the winner :lol:
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

strum wrote:i think you should give it to the first guy to kill 3 turks this season :roll:
Or you could do it for the person who kills the turkey with the smallest beard. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds good Griz. Considering the bunch of yahoos you're dealing with on here, maybe a leaf spring from a truck and a piece of a pine 2x4 for the handle would be fitting for this crowd. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, since you're the one being generous enough to do it, whatever you come up with will be more than sufficient and make the recipient more than happy I'm sure. Don't put yourself in a bad situation though by doing it. :wink:

Post count seems fair as to eligibility. Minimum 200 sounds like a good round number and shows they regularly contribute.

As for how to draw it out, that's up to you. I mean after all, YOU are the one making the knife and giving it away. If someone doesn't like the way you chose, well that's just too freakin' bad!
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Thanks for the input. I will give some thought to how many posts would be needed to qualify. Maybe I will go by age I kind of like the idea of giving a knife to a youngster just starting out who can't afford to buy stuff. Also have to think a bit about what I will make.
Stay tuned for further developments.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!