N.A.P. Gobbler getter spitfire's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

goosesmasher

N.A.P. Gobbler getter spitfire's

Post by goosesmasher »

Has anyone else had any trouble with N.A.P.'s gobbler getter spitfire's? Like most excals. mine is a tack driver and I thought these broadheads would be the ticket for turkey hunting this year.I always try stuff out before hunting and if its not up to my standards it doesn't go hunting.These things were hitting all over the place out of my exomax . I had two really bad fliers in ten shots and none of the shots had all three blades open up in my target.More then half had no open blades in my target. I used to use the original spitfires in my old crossbow and never had a problem with them. Is it just me or have other shooters had similar results with these heads from an exomax? As of right now I'm looking for another broadhead and season starts in a week!

Goose smasher
georgiaboy

Re: N.A.P. Gobbler getter spitfire's

Post by georgiaboy »

I have not read any negative threads on this head, i would send an e-mail to NAP. :?
If you haven't had any issues with your regular spitfires i wouldn't hesitate to use them...the one turkey i've killed with a x-bow was with a 100gr spitfire, he didn't know what hit him. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Hester0305

Re: N.A.P. Gobbler getter spitfire's

Post by Hester0305 »

I haven't heard anything negative about them either.

My brother and I killed 2 turkeys with my Vortex this past weekend with Slick Trick Magnums. My turkey fell in its tracks, the broadhead went through the wings and cut the wing bone into on the exit golfball size hole.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads