Good morn in the turkey woods I guess

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngbuck1

Good morn in the turkey woods I guess

Post by youngbuck1 »

Went out this morn to at 3:30 am to the turkey woods with my dad and we web early cause there are other people who hunt this bush and if we are there before them they turn aroundand go some were else, anyways got out early as tight to Roost as possible my dad went to a back field maybe 200 yrds back and I sat at a plowed corn field I get to my spot put out decoys and I sit Down come 5 am I had a gobbler sound off 25 yards in the bush on his roost so I do some soft calls and 5:45 it flies down to my decoys and gobbles over and over infront o me I raised my gun but itis 5:45 it's almos pitch black and it's in front I could have shot it but to early then a hen called in her tree for the restoc morn till sun rise I was sitting and then I hear a big boom comeing from my dads way he calls me and said I missed him !!!

Oh well there is always tomarow morn till 10
Huntings not about killing it's about being outdoors and having fun

Happy hunting
Mike Schnarr
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
R.J.

Re: Good morn in the turkey woods I guess

Post by R.J. »

Huntings not about killing it's about being outdoors and having fun
Yep some people just get it !~

Can't think of a better way to spend a morning out with friends or family !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
masboy

Post by masboy »

I had quite a time went out on the river last night to put some Turks to bed and did not hear a thing so my son and I planned on going in the river hills below my home but my son never showed up so I went and parked at the marina and walked up the road to enter the woods where wanted to go in and a car was parked there so I cut up over a steep hill and briars and down trees an thougt I would never get to the top without having a heart attack made it on top overlooking the river sweating and bloody all over and found a beautiful spot and set down and called every 15 min or so and nothing all morning then after calling looked up to my right and about45yds a nice gobbler was standing there looking at me for what seemed like an hour but was more like 5-10 miniutes and my gun was across my lap pointing the other way and I dare not move he kept lowering an razing his head and just turned an was gone but my heart was just pounding for a while so kept trying with no luck and took a shortcut back to my truck down over the side of the river hill( what a mistake!!!!!!) had to crawl thru the worst thicket an briars I ever seen in my life and there was no going back thout I would never get out but did with more briar bites and blood( feels great to be home!!!!
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

went out at 5:30 this morning (didn't realize sun is up so early on saturdays lol). At the truck with son we heard gobbles coming from the Toms in the 2 ajoining bushes we hunt part of. What a concert :D . We went in to a spot we have hunted before and tried our best. Son saw a pair 60 yds away but didn't come closer. I did a little call and they came in to 60 yds but I didn't see them because of small bush and distance from son couldn't talk. I saw him raise his bow but thought he was judging distance. Then corner of eye to the right saw movement and there were a doe and fawn moving along bush edge nice sight.

My son came over then said I should have kept calling as he had turkeys and I said sorry didn't see them. We decided to move to another spot he saw them head towards. We found where they dusted and scratched and sat there. Waited for 5 minutes to calm bush down and let out some calls (cuts and "chirps"). Peeps and cuts immediately and then gobbles. Did it again and again they answered. The more I called the more they came back calling. Son said, they aren't moving but they sure are getting excited. I then increased volume and intensity and they answered and started in. I whispered get ready they are coming and then......my mouth call fell out :oops: . I looked down in my mask and blind blanket and couldn't see it. tried to move slow ly and saw them coming :( . Then they called back 3 times looking for me but no reply and they walked into the sunset.We watched then we said they are coming around the evergreens and quick looked for call. It fell on coveralls and we were in business again. But to no avail. I called, they answered well off in the distance but the morning was over. We left and will leave them for the week and setup next saturday in this spot and HOLD ON :D
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows