BBQ/Smoker Build #2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

BBQ/Smoker Build #2

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I am going to show some photos of the material I will be using for this build. This is going to be a 250 Gallon Reverse Flow BBQ/Smoker. I have a list of the measurements, I mislaid them somewhere for now. Will find them later and add them in.

250 Gallon Oil Barrel (Free)

3/8" Steel Wood Stove (Free)
Front View

Side View

Back View

The Draft Mechanism

The Trailer (Free with papers)
Frame is good but I will no doubt beef it up a bit. The trailer is going to be strip down to the bare frame.
Front View

Side View

250 Gallon oil barrel with the hole cut out at 18" wide X 9" high, there will be an 18" wide X 9" high X 8" long rectangular box used to connect the stove and the smoker together.

Here is the 250 Gallon oil barrel getting a good burn out started. I will do that a few more tomes. There was hardly no smell in the barrel. I couldn't smell any smell of furnace oil. The barrel has been stored in a barn with all of the top hole open for over 4 years at least.
End view

Side View

That's all I got done today. I was hoping to get the back of the stove measured and cut but the rain interrupted us.

Edited: There will be changes that will need to be made as the build progresses and I have been asking a lot of questions about this type of build. Any suggestion or comments from any of you will be much appreciated. This is not going to end up like the first Smoke House Inferno, :lol: :lol: :lol: . Hopefully not.

Thank you,
Raymond
masboy

Re: BBQ/Smoker Build #2

Post by masboy »

looks good Raymond!! mabey should weld some wings and a tail on it and point it away from your home in case it blows up when lighting the way your lucks been! mabey some flying pictures instead of fire pictures? waiting for more of your build before take off time!!!!!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Is #2 is going to be a traveling smoker on wheels (on trailer frame)?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

masboy wrote:looks good Raymond!! mabey should weld some wings and a tail on it and point it away from your home in case it blows up when lighting the way your lucks been! mabey some flying pictures instead of fire pictures? waiting for more of your build before take off time!!!!!
You know what that is a great idea I must mark that down so I do not forget. Be sure and watch for the add ons, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Thank you,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

enormous wrote:Is #2 is going to be a traveling smoker on wheels (on trailer frame)?
Hey Norm,
That is my plans. May be able to make a little side business with it, that is sort of my plans as long as the epidural injections work like they are supposed to, I will be all set. I will be caring one HUGH smoke extinguisher on board, :lol: :lol: :lol: . With my luck this BBQ/Smoker will have a melt down similar to a nuclear melt down, STAND CLEAR AND RUN, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Raymond

Edited: My other smoker was an up in flames smokehouse, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I put a patent on that one, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Raymond, your something else. Can't wait to see her done. :D
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Well Mike, I just won't be denied a rack of smoked ribs this summer, :lol: :lol: :lol: . No matter if I have to crawl to finish this build it will be done, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Thank you,
Raymond
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Raymond, you put a big smile on my face with this post this evening.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big58cal wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

agingcrossbower wrote:Raymond, your something else. Can't wait to see her done. :D
X2
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Raymond i love that never Quit or give up attitude you have.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Big58cal wrote:Image
That reminds me of something. My 2nd BBQ/Smoker is going to need a name and I can used that with a little fixing up if that is okay with you Rich, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Watch for the add Ons, :lol: :lol: .
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

enormous wrote:Raymond, you put a big smile on my face with this post this evening.
Hey Norm,
I f I can put a smile on someone else face that puts an even bigger one on my face because I like to help people feel good and happy.
Thank you,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

onebigskittle wrote:Raymond i love that never Quit or give up attitude you have.
Thank you for your kind words, it is tough some days but it always gets better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it seems to be dim but it is always there, :) .
Thank you,
Raymond