Excalibur and Accesories

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Excalibur and Accesories

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I was at the Carl's Store in Tusket, Nova Scotia today where I worked when my back got screwed up. I was looking at and handling all the 2012 Excalibur Crossbow models. The Ibex model kit and the Axiom model kit, impressed me quite a bit. The price was impressive and the feel of them was really impressive also. I also looked at and handled the Eclipse XT model, for those who like the carbon black color it is a nice looking crossbow.

I took my Deluxe T-Form Padded Excalibur Crossbow Case and swapped it for the Excalibur Tac-Pac because I have the Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow Case and didn't need the other case laying around anymore. I mounted the Tac-Pac on my Equinox and what a difference in the feel of the crossbow for me. I actually like the feel and the handling of my Equinox now. I was seriously thinking of trading or selling for the Exomax model and now I will keep my Equinox for sure. One thing I do not understand though is what is the purpose for the two side pieces that slide out when you unscrew the base of the Tac-Pac? I know that you can store a few small items inside the handle part of the Tac-Pac which is cool. I am thinking a spare crossbow string. And maybe this year or next year they may design their own Mono-Pod, Bi-Pod or even a Tri-Pod shooting sticks that would screw into the base of the Tac-Pac. I would like to see that. I would be interested in having a set. What do you folks think about all this?
Thank you,
Raymond
foofoo

Re: Excalibur and Accesories

Post by foofoo »

the side mounts are more of a picatinny ar rifle thing. its meant for stuff like laser sights and flashlights. the inside is designed to hold batteries but an extra string is a great idea .the only thing i think Excalibur missed the boat on is the size and weight of this mount.there are polymer picatinny rails and many different type handles available in the ar format.wish they would have offered a plain rail and stubby handle.
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

The two side plates on the handle that slide out when the bottom cap is unscrewed are for a remote pressure switch to be mounted to activate laser/flashlight accessories
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks guys for the info. I am surprised that there has not been more folks posting about the Tac-Pac. I do not know if they are selling many of these or not. What would be a good flashlight with a pressure switch to mount on one side of the mount? I cannot afford to buy one but my birthday is coming up in August. The kids are always wondering what they can get me. Is there a special color of light to be able to track and see deer blood easier with?
Thanks,
Raymond
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

There are some good uv flashlights on Amazon which will help to illuminate blood and other fluids. Look for an led light that had a wavelength of 365. florescent lights work better but are harder to work with in the field. You need to be specific onthe wavelength when choosing a light as most of the cheap ones are 395 which does not work as well although it may look brighter to your eyes. Trust me when you try a good light at the proper wvelength youwill be amazed at how well a blood trail will show up.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks for the information. I will have to put that on my wish list, :) . Father's day and a birthday coming up, :) .
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Are there not a few more people out there that has the Tac-Pac accessory mounted to your Excalibur Crossbow? I tried to find a light on eBay that would mount to the accessory and was not able to find one.
Thank you,
Raymond
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I have the Tac-Pac and find the handle is too far forward for a tight-tucked control. I'm too shakey when my hold-arm is extended that far out. I will probably take it off and sell it to a buddy. I would like to see one that could mount up on the forearm area..
In the Wind.......
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I am tall and have a long arm reach. It made a perfect crossbow addition for me. I was strongly thinking of selling my Equinox because I found that I was crunched up when shooting it, not now. I am very pleased with the way it handles. Thank you Excalibur.
Thank you,
Raymond