New Ontario Turkey Leg Seal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

New Ontario Turkey Leg Seal

Post by xbhntr »

This year , the turkey leg seal has changed . Instead of a sticky back , it joins together with ( your ) tie wrap ! I prefer the old method . Anyone else feel the same ? Ray
Helmut

Re: New Ontario Turkey Leg Seal

Post by Helmut »

yup i do. Vendor gave me a tye wrap though. Whih i promptly lost :roll:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Then just use a piece of string or old fishing line.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I was looking at it last night and scratching my head. We're supposed to tear the little top piece off and use that to tag the bird, right? Not that I'll have to worry with my luck! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Actually I kind of don`t mind them . Far more sturdy than the peel and stick . With a zip tie it is quick and painless .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
huntman

Post by huntman »

They have not improved anything except making things easier for poachers. The new system is totally reusable. :shock: :evil: :twisted:
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

huntman wrote:They have not improved anything except making things easier for poachers. The new system is totally reusable. :shock: :evil: :twisted:

pretty sure if you are caught walking out with a bird which has the tag notched May 10, AM, and its May 22 in the PM you are in trouble, and far as not notching the tag you are in for it as well
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Had to cut my bootlace today to tag my bird!!no zip tie supplied :shock:
I vote to bring back the sticky tag!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

Yeah.. I had to cut a piece of string off my decoy bag. Now, a zip tie.. that's a good idea.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

The Ontario government only cares about one thing......................maximizing license and tax revenue from the masses.

Should have skinned some off of Conrad Black before they allowed him into Ontario let alone Canada. He rejected his Canadian Citizenship and he's a convicted felon :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :twisted:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

KY has gone through several different methods through the years, everything from metal bands, sticky backed tags, notched tags, to now nothing. You buy your license and permits and on the back there's areas for where you record your harvest. There's the date, county, sex, and check box for type of animal, all of which need to be filled out in the field prior to moving the carcass. After you get that filled out, you put the permit back in your pocket to keep from losing it. You aren't required to physically attach anything to the animal at that time. At some point, you're required to call a toll-free number to "check in" your harvest. At the end of the call, you're given a confirmation number, which you record on the back of the permit. That number is your proof of having complied with the check in requirement. The only time that we're required to physically attach something to the animal is when it's not physically in our posession (such as with a deer hanging in a barn).

When KY went to this system of doing away with the check stations and going totally to the telecheck, there was a lot of griping and complaining saying it was going to be a poacher's dream. The truth is that the check in system was never designed as a law enforcement tool. It was designed as a data collection tool to monitor what was being taken. The old system resulted in all kinds of errors. The new system gives much more reliable data, in a much more timely fashion, that can be used.

The fact of the matter is that poachers are going to poach. Nothing is going to change that. No matter the best efforts of any agency, a poacher is going to find a way around it. The folks at the KDFWR finally just accepted that and decided to make it easy as possible on the vast majority of the hunters in the state that are law-abiding. The law enforcement folks have learned to use the telecheck system in some pretty amazing ways, so overall, it looks like a win/win for the law-abiding sportsmen and women of the state, the biologists, and the law enforcement folks. :wink:

Didn't mean to hijack the leg seal topic, but I figured I'd throw the way that we're doing it out there for ya'll to think about. :wink: No zip ties to keep up with or having to cut cords or anything or having to worry about losing a tag while getting the animal out of the woods. Like I said, poachers are going to poach. Why make everyone pay the price for something bad that a few are going to do? :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

Thanks for the information about your state leg seal method. Like you said , " A Poacher Is going to to Poach " regardless ! Ray
Bones

Post by Bones »

The new tag's survive the washing machine great, Had my wife test that out for me. All my cards are nice and clean now.
Bones
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Bones wrote:The new tag's survive the washing machine great, Had my wife test that out for me. All my cards are nice and clean now.
Bones
:lol: :lol:

Yeah, the ones we had several years ago like the ones you all have now were virtually indestructable! :shock: You couldn't tear them, they'd survive the washer and dryer, and in some extreme instances, I believe they'd even survive an industrious 4 year old! :shock:

:lol: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

Don't forget guys, mistakes and acsidents happen just cause some one did do something wrong doesn't meen they are poachers , eg when turkey hunting you can shoot 1 bird a day 2 limit for the season let's say a Tom is following a hen and a Jake is what you think is far enough away and u pull the trigger and both drop is that what you call poaching it's called a mistake , people would learn to be more carfull after that and I bet that has happend to many guys on the forum, it's a mistake and that you know to be more carfull next time and I bet the guys who did have that happen to them were probably really pi$$Ed at them selves for doing that
, I like the new tag
Sorryfor highjacking
Just thought I would share my 2 cents :P
Don't start a argument over this
Thanks and happy turkey hunting mike
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P