bad trade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

bad trade

Post by masboy »

traded my son my 4x12 x50 Nikon for his bushnell elite 4x12x40 that he bought new and sent back twice and is stll not clear like a nikon or leupold but it,s a lot smaller for me on my bow and is ok for my shooting and testing arrows.I won,t be buying anything bushnell again!!! I bought bushnell binoxs for around 300$ and they broke and they wanted to charge me almost new price to fix them so I trashed them and bought Nikon . when I buy any scope in my price range it will be nikon or leupold . I had some older bushnell scopes that were ok not like the junk they make now. nikon and leupold warranty is like dealing with Excalibur but bushnell sucks!!!!!!!
Normous

Re: bad trade

Post by Normous »

Leupold all the way!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

This isn't the first I've heard of this and I have a few of their Elite products. But I've never heard of anyone's dissatisfaction with a Lepold product. It's the end of the line for me too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I think I've got 2 Bushnell scopes on rifles, but both came on them when I got the rifles. Both have served the purpose and haven't lost zero, so I can't complain too much about those 2, but my experience with other Bushnell products has been pretty much crap!

The only scopes I've bought recently are Leupold, Nikon, and Simmons Aetec. I'm looking to get a couple of others though, a Burris (handgun scope) and a Redfield. Burris has a reputation of good quality, so there shouldn't be any issues. Leupold recently started making the Redfield brand again, so no issues there.

There may be others out there that may be better (Swarovski and Zeis come to mind) but I can't see paying $1,000 for a scope! :shock:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Gwen's Dilemma

Post by Gwen's Dilemma »

I've got a Leupold on my Browning 300 win-mag autoloader. I love it. Hasn't lost zero in about 12 years and at least 100 rounds. Clear as a bell and been in all kinds of weather, sun, cold, hot, rain, snow and always accurate. :D
Dave
rayman

Post by rayman »

The leason to not skimp on the scope was hard learned for me. My favorite scope that I own personally is a Pentax that is on my Win M70 with a custom 257 Roberts barrel. You can really see what you are doing, and I've taken some late evening shots that I never would have been able to take with a lesser scope. I have a Bushnell on my 270 BAR that is nothing fancy but does the job. Holds center ok but always adjusting the focus. Have seen Nikons and Leupolds on other rifles and they both seem like solid scopes. Will probably go with either Leupold or Pentax in future.
bentonmike

Post by bentonmike »

This thread reminds me of a conversation that I had with my ex-father in law. We were hunting one cold morning and he told me that he had missed a deer because his scoped had fogged up. When I told him, you get what you pay for, he got a little pissed off, then told me that he gave $75 dollars for it, and that for that price it shouldn't fog up :lol: Like everything else, you get what you pay for.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

bentonmike wrote:This thread reminds me of a conversation that I had with my ex-father in law. We were hunting one cold morning and he told me that he had missed a deer because his scoped had fogged up. When I told him, you get what you pay for, he got a little pissed off, then told me that he gave $75 dollars for it, and that for that price it shouldn't fog up :lol: Like everything else, you get what you pay for.
SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS! I hope this conversation took place around 1950 ish. Wow. Bet you bit your tongue. :lol:
masboy

Post by masboy »

an elite bushnell is not a cheap scope is right there in price with the nikons and leupold and I paid the same for my nikon binoxs as the bushnells.so it,s not about cheap vs high dollar it,s about good vs bad.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

agingcrossbower wrote:
bentonmike wrote:This thread reminds me of a conversation that I had with my ex-father in law. We were hunting one cold morning and he told me that he had missed a deer because his scoped had fogged up. When I told him, you get what you pay for, he got a little pissed off, then told me that he gave $75 dollars for it, and that for that price it shouldn't fog up :lol: Like everything else, you get what you pay for.
SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS! I hope this conversation took place around 1950 ish. Wow. Bet you bit your tongue. :lol:

That's the case most times but not always, I''ve spent high money for junk :x to me there's no such thing as a crossbow scope, you pay xtra for the word xbow, good example is marine parts as in a starter sm block chevy 150.00. put the word marine in front 450.00. I like my burris or leupold, the cheapest of either is better than the most expensive xbow scope. JMO

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Simply put, I cannot afford Leupold, or at least for the price they sell em in Canada, and I used to use Bushy Elites, but have now switched to Burris FFII which are clearer especially in low light situations.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It's funny how people eyes see things differently. To me Leopold has a distinct brown tint to it when I look through them, add to that the first one I took out of the box new had a seized zoom ring.
When I went looking for a good scope to replace the Burris FFII that came on my varmint rifle I tried almost every scope brand out there, with the exception of NightForce, no local dealers carried them.
I ended up with a Bushnell 6500, cost a bit more than the Leopold, but to my eyes it was the clearest scope I had looked through. It also offered features that no other scope company could compete with, it gets daily use and has for years, dragged, dropped and abused, still perfect!
I am having a custom 270 built for myself, and this one will probably wear a nightforce or a swarovski. I am seriously considering a new Vortex as well, those feel like very well made pieces of equipment, and it was very pleasant to look through.
My experience with Leopold was one scope, and it was a dud, left a bad taste for me, combine that with the issues the Korth group (Leopold Canada) is handling some of the warranty stuff in the last little while, and the mix ups at the factory with swapping redfield/Leopold parts is a bit discouraging too.
Nightforce sure has a good reputation, and the Swarovski's are pretty impressive too.. Decisions, decisions..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

masboy wrote:an elite bushnell is not a cheap scope is right there in price with the nikons and leupold and I paid the same for my nikon binoxs as the bushnells.so it,s not about cheap vs high dollar it,s about good vs bad.
I've got an Elite 3000 4-12 mounted on my Browning BAR in 30-06. I love the scope and have never had any issues with mine. I've had it guessing around 15 years now. And while its not the most expensive scopes out there it wasn't cheap either.
Why ride when you can walk!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

groundpounder wrote:
masboy wrote:an elite bushnell is not a cheap scope is right there in price with the nikons and leupold and I paid the same for my nikon binoxs as the bushnells.so it,s not about cheap vs high dollar it,s about good vs bad.
I've got an Elite 3000 4-12 mounted on my Browning BAR in 30-06. I love the scope and have never had any issues with mine. I've had it guessing around 15 years now. And while its not the most expensive scopes out there it wasn't cheap either.
Great to see you around, Todd! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

groundpounder wrote:
I bet that 3000 is a Bausch & Lomb which is why its so nice. I used to have one and wish I never sold it.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone