Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Post by strum »

Before i installed the string i weighed it ..96gr im not sure what a factory excell weighs but the one i have that ive reserved with halo is at 168gr ..thats a big difference in weight..
i gave it about 7 -8 twists to start..putting my brace height
just above the high line . after a bit it crept down to 1/4 from my S5s so i shot a dozen arrows..it crept to just touching the S5s so i put 4 twists in it. that put it just under the high line..shot a few more times..no movement ..its been sitting about 4 hours now and still no movement..we will see in the morn but i think its done and ill have to take a twist or two out..
ill crono it tommorrow ..so far i think it a step up from the excell..quiet a bit less shock. I have gotten used to shooting boo strings with whiskers so to me its loud ..but im going to A-B it with the excell too so i can compare sound speed ect..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
strum

Post by strum »

I just got done with todays test..
first let me say this is the fastest e loop string i have ever shot..(correction its the fastest any string ive shot)
Using a 397gr arrow its shooting a very consistant 336 fps..thats 18 fps faster than a stock excell..
and (suprisingly) 2 fps faster than the excall flemish..
Im think a lot of the speed gain is from its light weigh and the very low creep material.
next i can say it stopped creeping faster than any string ive used yet..i said in my last post "i may have to take a twist or two out" and sure nuff after shooting a dozen arrows today it still had a high brace so i took one turn out .Its still a little higher than i usualy run it but i want to see where it is after a few more days..
i havent waxed it and will do the burnishing next ..i do like the idea of a waxless string..(i guess thats what we are calling it ) one reason is ..wax adds weight..and its one less thing to have to mess with.
Now i did shoot an e-loop that i had took apart and redid the end and center serve today also ..its a heavy string weighing in at 168gr verses this test strings 96gr..
in compairson the test string is louder but thats to be expected..
at this point i can say - this truly is a high preformance string..no doubt..i guess the only con i have is if you dry fire itll not be nice :shock:
im going to leave it on for a while and see what kind of longevity ill get out of it..oh and i will get a pic or two up also..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have a couple of more test strings so if you want one and are willing to post your results please send me an EMAIL with your shipping info. You will need a chronograph.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I got home a little early from work today so i went into the backyard & was able to get 25 more shots on the string before the rain ran me back inside. The string was still setting at the same brace height so it looks like the majority of stretching is done.
After 75 shots you can just start to see some wear on the string where the latch grabs it & where it contacts the rail. I only got three shots through the chrony before the bottom fell out...309.4fps, pretty consistent. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

very little stretch to the string , shot a few more arrows and got the same speeds 340 fps . im very happy with this speed , im using a 400 grn arrow gold tip.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
strum

Post by strum »

xbowking wrote:very little stretch to the string , shot a few more arrows and got the same speeds 340 fps . im very happy with this speed , im using a 400 grn arrow gold tip.
looks like this is a pretty consistant string..i shot mine again this eve with the same results..336fps..and no change in brace height..Im a bit mad at Xbow king though he is smokin me with 340 fps :lol: :lol: and with a 3 gr heavier arrow.. i think i like his crono better..lol.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Normous

Post by Normous »

Before I break out the crono to test this AM string I have to mention that Don's and Comfy's custom strings that I own have shot reliably during 100 degree summer temperatures and in below zero late December hunts.

Right now my Angel Majesty string sits cocked in my Equinox on my roof on this hot clear day. I can reach the roof easily from my back deck. This is to determine if this string can hold up and shoot reliably during hot temperatures. Creep and shootability in heat will also be determined.

Since I'm testing this string and not my Equinox I will next place the string in the freezer for an extended period then shoot it because I am interested in how this string material holds up during temperature extremes, I may do this two or three times.

This string is very light at 97 grains. I just want to make sure this string is safe to use during hot and cold conditions that we shoot in. My previous stings by Don performed well at all temperatures and I fully expect the same from this one.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
strum

Post by strum »

enormous wrote:Before I break out the crono to test this AM string I have to mention that Don's and Comfy's custom strings that I own have shot reliably during 100 degree summer temperatures and in below zero late December hunts.

Right now my Angel Majesty string sits cocked in my Equinox on my roof on this hot clear day. I can reach the roof easily from my back deck. This is to determine if this string can hold up and shoot reliably during hot temperatures. Creep and shootability in heat will also be determined.

Since I'm testing this string and not my Equinox I will next place the string in the freezer for an extended period then shoot it because I am interested in how this string material holds up during temperature extremes, I may do this two or three times.

This string is very light at 97 grains. I just want to make sure this string is safe to use during hot and cold conditions that we shoot in. My previous stings by Don performed well at all temperatures and I fully expect the same from this one.
thats some good thinking there Norm..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Mine arrived recently. GOOD looking string. For not claiming to be a EL type of guy, Boo sure outdid himself. Enc;losing a elevated shooting house with plexiglass windows has kept me up in the air, but plan on doing some testing soon.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Cossack

Re: Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Post by Cossack »

Initial evaluation conducted with stock Vortex. Boos string against 5 others, two factory string and 3 of my own. Same 5 arrows were used throughout GT Laz. II, ave wt 403.3 gr. String set at 1/2" off SS to maintain uniformity. F1 Chrony, arrows shot from approx 2.5 ft to screen

String Wt/Gr Ave Fps/5shots
1) FACTORY Excel 204.4 300.3
2) Own 40 strand 425X Flemish 156.1 313.9
3) Own 24 strand 97 FF Flemish 156.1 313.7
4) Own 24 strand 97 FF 144.5 315.9
5) Factory FF * 115.4 316.9
6) "Boo's Beauty" Angel EL 89.7 320.0

Comments: String 6 was as received and unwaxed. (Rest were waxed).
It showed no creep after the initial 6 shot albeit had been on stretcher for several hours. By comparison, string 3, newly made Flemish, exhibited nearly 3/8" creep after just 7 shots. Will continue to shoot to monitor for center serving loop serving separation. Will also wax to evaluate affect of additional weight on FPS. This is one good looking string that shows real promise

* Factory serving replaced with .024 Halo

Edit: spacing in draft version disappears in final version Sorry folks.
Incurable tinkerer.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

ttt
Incurable tinkerer.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Went to the range today and put another 75 shots down range...thank god for the c2 cranking aid!! :lol:
Had to put one twist in the string before shooting, at 40yds she was slinging them pretty good...Image

average speed was 312fps...
looks like i picked up a little giddy up!! :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
TPM

Post by TPM »

Finally got around to shooting with this string this week-end. First off, this string is extremely well made. I installed on the bow a few weeks ago and there was no measureable creep in brace height as of last Friday. Only got about 30 or 40 shots off and I'd say the brace height moved forward only about 1/8". I don't have a chrono so I can't post exact speeds but I will say it's no slower than my standard Boo string which rather surprised me. I must say there is a bit more vibration from this string (I don't usee the S5 sytem). Serving shows no wear but I wouldn't expect any after 40 shots. I'll have to report back again in the coming weeks as I get a chance to put more miles on this string.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
strum

Post by strum »

Did a little shooting this morn..im not a speed freak but i wanted to see where i would be with a 350 gr arrow..
a very consistant 351fps..with S5s then i just for fun i took em off and set my string to the lowest mark thinking ill see an even faster arrow..to my shock it slowed to 349..so i put some twists in it to get it about in the middle ..back to 351..
i guess thats its sweet spot..someone eles can weigh in on that.
Back to the string..still no noticable creep,very fast,and like TPM said without the S5s it has a lot of vibration but i feel thats excpected..i havnt got a hug amoount of shots on it yet so i still cant say about durability..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

georgiaboy wrote:Went to the range today and put another 75 shots down range...thank god for the c2 cranking aid!! :lol:
Had to put one twist in the string before shooting, at 40yds she was slinging them pretty good.

average speed was 312fps...
looks like i picked up a little giddy up!! :lol: :lol:
What's the weight of you arrows GB? Did the string settle a bit lower i.e. brace height changed?
Incurable tinkerer.