vertical bow guys hating on crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gamikatsu

vertical bow guys hating on crossbows

Post by Gamikatsu »

Man... I posted on a archery forum about something and got hammered for shooting a cheating crossbow.... my feelings were hurt and I deleted my account to that specific forum. No love and lots of hate. The biggest problem I had with vertical bows is my arms aren't strong enough to draw or hold at draw long enough to be successful. So they can kiss off for all i care. I fight for my country so that I may chose what weapon to sling pointed sticks at deer.... that is all.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
georgiaboy

Re: vertical bow guys hating on crossbows

Post by georgiaboy »

Don't sweat it my friend...i get the same reaction when i go to the public archery range here. Seems the local vertical archery club has events there once a month & i somehow always show up on those dates ( oops!! :mrgreen: ) with my excalibur...love to watch them squirm.
We welcome everyone here. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

It just irks me that people get so worked up as to orientation of a bow. Oh well. I do understand that you can't cure ignorance... I ought to let some if them shoot the vortex.....
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

First, thank you for fighting for your country, and for all of us. You will find that there are forums out there that if you talk about crossbows on those specific forums you will not be welcomed and will be bashed. They are just grown people acting like childhood bullies. It shouldn't be like that but there still is a lot of Vertical Bow Hunters out there that are against Crossbows and Crossbow Hunters. They are just ignorant and greedy and want it all to themselves. They don't realize it, but eventually if they want to continue hunting with an archery weapon, they to will need to start hunting with a crossbow because of their age and physical disabilities. They will then say it is all fine and dandy, they all do eventually, :) . So don't worry about those types, you will always get those everywhere you go. Crossbows are making their way all across the U.S.A and all across Canada and there is nothing that will stop this train ride. It will eventually be complete from the east coast to the west coast. The crossbow is just another archery weapon, and it kills the same as any vertical bow.
Raymond
willhunting

Post by willhunting »

Raymond wrote:First, thank you for fighting for your country, and for all of us. You will find that there are forums out there that if you talk about crossbows on those specific forums you will not be welcomed and will be bashed. They are just grown people acting like childhood bullies. It shouldn't be like that but there still is a lot of Vertical Bow Hunters out there that are against Crossbows and Crossbow Hunters. They are just ignorant and greedy and want it all to themselves. They don't realize it, but eventually if they want to continue hunting with an archery weapon, they to will need to start hunting with a crossbow because of their age and physical disabilities. They will then say it is all fine and dandy, they all do eventually, :) . So don't worry about those types, you will always get those everywhere you go. Crossbows are making their way all across the U.S.A and all across Canada and there is nothing that will stop this train ride. It will eventually be complete from the east coast to the west coast. The crossbow is just another archery weapon, and it kills the same as any vertical bow.
Raymond

Just well said Ray !!!!!!!
I agree
Matrix 380 camo!!!!!
Excal Vixen black !!
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

HAHAHA Take up bowfishing in a small tourist town with city peaple coming up for weekends on their sailboats. Let talk about hate. You be begging for vertical bow guys! LOL
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

Thanks all, its appreciated. 8+ year Staff Sergeant USAF. still going strong.

I have a slightly damaged rotator cuff in my right shoulder from winging softballs back in the day, and pulling back even 60 lbs for an extended period of time hurts. i can do the rope cocking aid a lot easier, still not sure why...i know i'm pulling more, maybe its the angle of the dangle or whatnot... either way, i LOVE my excal and wouldn't get rid of it... well unless it was to get a relayer... :-D love the wood stocks!
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
masboy

Post by masboy »

it,s just the way a lot of people think about crossbows. my one son that bowhunts a lot and Kills a buck now and then but is not a great shot sold his switchback and is getting a new bow soon and I said why don,t you get an excal to hunt with you will shoot much better because he,s a fine rifle shot and shoots my excal very good and he says that,s like shooting a rifle???????????
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Don't let it bother you in the least, I hunt with a xbow because I can, just like a compound, recurve and have been known to use a club to put critters out of it's misery, look at it this way it's like a guy with a 300 Weatherby giving you hell because your using a shot gun, but in this case your killing THEIR DEER with something they don't under stand or never will until they are unable to pull their compound, here's the kicker damn near everyone of them fine gent's say I'll never use a xbow I'll quit bow hunting[ BS ] don't let it bother you go where you want like you own it.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

more than likely they bullied kids when they were in school also.. its their attempt to act big and bad. Just dont pay them any mind and enjoy hunting and shooting. I shot compounds for years. I just like crossbows now. Its to each their own
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i did own an excal but sold it and went to a vertical bow and love it ...i would get bored with the x bow shoot it once and then put it away for weeks ...my vertical i shoot a few times a week so it is better for me ..so for me it's personal preference...i am in the market for another excal though and glad that you guys havent kicked me off of here...we are stronger if we stick together...hunters are hunters
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

warningshot wrote:i did own an excal but sold it and went to a vertical bow and love it ...i would get bored with the x bow shoot it once and then put it away for weeks ...my vertical i shoot a few times a week so it is better for me ..so for me it's personal preference...i am in the market for another excal though and glad that you guys havent kicked me off of here...we are stronger if we stick together...hunters are hunters

You nailed it
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm a fairly young guy, I enjoy shooting my excaliburs just as much as my compound. I didn't choose the Excal for health reason I just purchased one for the thrill of having another choice of bow and when I go hunting its usually with the y25. It just shoots so well. It gives me alot less headaches too! I get the same thrill out of both types when it comes to flinging arrows, trying to find the best flying broadhead.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have a wide variety of hunting equipment and quite frankly I will take advantage of any legal hunting innovation. Some are better than others but as long as they make a clean, humane kill who cares what someone's personal preference is. They all have a trade off. As far as bows go, would you rather have someone who gets frustrated practicing with a vertical bow and as a result does not take a good a shot at an animal causing it to be wounded and often unrecovered. Of would you rather have someone who is confident with his practice and shot placement which results in his ablility to accurately distinguish between a good and bad shot when hunting and likely a clean kill.

I don't care what you use as long as you know how to use it right!
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

It is an aged old argument that seemingly will never end; the crossbow hunter must learn to ignor ignorance and continue enjoying the weapon that they have chosen to hunt with; if a state has made the use of crossbows legal and you want to use a crossbow, then don't allow anyone, reguardless of their views, discourage you from using it; we still have the freedom to make that choice, make it, be proud of it, and by all means stand by it.